Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile home park enquiry

Options
  • 26-08-2017 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm thinking of purchasing my first mobile home and am looking for a mobile home park in the south east that doesn't have an age restriction. A lot of the parks now either have an age restriction for the mobile itself, or you need to purchase he mobile from the seller affiliated with the park!

I'm looking for a park where I can just have the mobile moved there - pay the annual fee and that it! The mobile I'm looking at is 1999/2000 with a flat roof.Has anyone any recommendation for a park where I could put the mobile ? Anywhere in south east is fine by me.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Bad Chemicals

Sorry to bring up an old thread miss_daisy, but did you ever find anywhere?

It's very hard to find sites! I've started a thread of my own looking for advice and no-one has responded to me either. So, I'm wondering if you had any luck?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

Unless you want to go to Courttown you will find it very hard to get a site to land your mobile. Most if not all of them are sold with the mobile on it. Now when I say sold you buy the mobile but you only actually buy a "licence" to stay on the site in the way of paying your rent yearly. Our site we are on has a very strict waiting list and they like to know who you are and your connection with the site. As in if you have family around in other sites. Everyone knows everyone where I am and it is nice to know that whoever moves in on your site that you know something about them.

Re age restriction some sites use this as a money making racket. On our site once your mobile complies with fire regs they don't mind. However on other sites they don't allow you have a mobile over 10 years. Then when you have to upgrade you can only buy at their "approved" dealers.

Fire away if you have anymore questions.

Advertisement