Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software Development Lvl 6 interview questions

Options
  • 26-08-2017 3:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

So i have an interview for a FETAC level 6 place in a Software Development course.

I've had less than a handful of interviews in my life, more successful than not, but i always feel like they don't go well. I can be very shy and awkward and self aware in formal situations/ talking to authority figures.

I've only had a couple of days notice before I've to go to the interview.
    Knowing i don't interview well (and haven't interviewed often) I'm wondering if anybody has any tips for me or would be familiar with what kind of questions might come up.

The course is advertised as no prior experience necessary, so I'm assuming the questions won't get technical, I'll be there to learn afterall.

I just want to come across well so really any advice is appreciated.

I'm turning to the forums for help as i don't want to tell people I have the interview just in case.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭DreamC

When I was having my interview for Plc course they were more interested in seeing you motivated to do the course you selected. And the questions were something like "What you are going to do in a year, in 5 years?" Etc. They want to see that your interest in that area is genuine and that you want to follow that career in the future and that you are not doing that course just for the sake of doing it. If your hobbies are related to your course it is an advantage as well. Generally speaking you have to convince the interviewer what makes you a better candidate for the place on that course than other applicants (if the places are limited and there is an interview-based selection). Good luck!

Advertisement