Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Corn Snake Advice Please.

Options
  • 25-08-2017 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey guys, I am actually preparing to buy a corn snake. Getting the vivarium etc. I have done a great deal of research but looking at sources for the snake itself. I am not doing pet stores. Some are OK. I am more so looking for breeders that have freshly hatched snakes, I want to start with a young one so it will grow and get used to me and won't be an angry snake. I have got in touch with an expert and have asked every ridiculous question, one after the other. If there are no breeders do you know any trusted pet stores that deliver live reptiles. I know many shops ship snakes abroad, and it is very safe and the snakes are never harmed. I can't travel much at all. Not even to Dublin. Maybe once a year. Thanks.
    P.S. I have asked how much a pet corn snake should be ( normal breed) and they told me €25-30 and after checking some of the stores near me I was shocked. They were been sold for €85-100.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭OnDraught

Shops are always going to be more expensive than buying from a breeder. Tax, wages, rent etc

Join some of the reptile groups on Facebook and you should be able to find a breeder. If you do buy from a shop make sure you see the snake eat before you buy. Also check for mites.

Reptile Haven in Temple Bar are probably the most reputable shop and you will get a quality animal if you buy from them.

Advertisement