Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post AddressPal and US Tax via UK

Options
  • 25-08-2017 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi,

AddressPal are unable to to advise on this, I've asked so just seeing if anyone has actually carried out this transaction.

Just wondering if anyone has used address pal to ship from Amazon US to your UK AddressPal address. Amazon US site ships to UK, not Ireland and works out cheaper than using US AddressPal.

The issue is around import tax. Amazon US adds import taxes to the UK delivery but what i want to know are the US taxes applied again by An post on behalf of revenue when arriving into Ireland as the item will have US ID's.

Cheers,
    Stephen
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Amazon "clear" it. Once it reaches UK it is in free movement within the eu (til 2019 :) )

So no additional taxes would be due unless its perfume / alcohol / cigarettes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,433 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Hi,

AddressPal are unable to to advise on this, I've asked so just seeing if anyone has actually carried out this transaction.

Just wondering if anyone has used address pal to ship from Amazon US to your UK AddressPal address. Amazon US site ships to UK, not Ireland and works out cheaper than using US AddressPal.

The issue is around import tax. Amazon US adds import taxes to the UK delivery but what i want to know are the US taxes applied again by An post on behalf of revenue when arriving into Ireland as the item will have US ID's.

Cheers,
    Stephen

Stephen, they shouldn't because the import tax doesn't apply within the EU. In the unlikely chance that they do, you should advise at the post office counter that import duty was paid at point of purchase with Amazon and that an post should contact Amazon for said duty

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

Could you also do the same with Parcel Motel, Amazon US shipping to the UK (Parcel Motel in the North)?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement