Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bike with A2 license

Options
  • 25-08-2017 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

I just got my A2 license and looking to buy.

I´ve got a KTM Duke 125 which is great around the city and traffic but uncomfortable on motorways. Lack of speed, weight etc.

I´m looking for something with more power but within the A2 license range.

I want soemthing I can take on weekend trips of 200km and has the speed and acceleration for motorways and dual carriageways. I will also continue to drive around the city.

Currently looking at a Honda 2015 CBR 250R for example.

Thoughts on that and maybe suggestions on better options?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

sv650

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭jimmurt

sv650

Preferable something that wouldn´t need to be restricted for A2 use.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

why limit yourself to something that doesn't need to be restricted

why limit yourself to something that doesn't need to be restricted

No good reason apart from price to be honest.

What advantage would I have buying a restricted sv650 over the CBR 250R for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Honda CB500X.
    I'm selling mine, been doing daily commute on it, which includes 30km of motorway each way, easily able to cruise and overtake at motorway speeds (and above), and still easy to filter through town.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/2015-honda-cb500x/16424177

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭endacl

jimmurt wrote: »
    No good reason apart from price to be honest.

What advantage would I have buying a restricted sv650 over the CBR 250R for example?

You can unrestrict it in the future. Plus, you won't have to open a 'what bike next' thread.

thos wrote: »
    Honda CB500X.
    I'm selling mine, been doing daily commute on it, which includes 30km of motorway each way, easily able to cruise and overtake at motorway speeds (and above), and still easy to filter through town.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/2015-honda-cb500x/16424177

Looks nice but I´m living abroad.
    endacl wrote: »
    You can unrestrict it in the future. Plus, you won't have to open a 'what bike next' thread.

Yeah I guess that is the obvious advantage, not a great question. Going against that though is my budget which is more suited towards a smaller bike. And also I don´t know what the future holds. In two years I might not want or need a bigger bike.

How much would unrestricting cost generally? Is it just a case of switching cylinders?

Advertisement