Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housing agency doesn't reply to emails at all

Options
  • 25-08-2017 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey, I wanted to ask what is it better to do in this situation.

Me and my Friend (let's call him X), moved in to the new place. Signed a contract and everything went fine before my friend "X" decided to move and live in another place.

So he wrote an email to housing agency company, and informed them in 1 month notice that he is moving out and I sent them an email telling that I will stay and find another tenant ASAP.

And we got no reply. Okay..we thought, may be they missed it. 1 time issue, you know anything could happen.

Time went, I found a new tenant, ,me and my tenent "X" wrote another email to them, and new tenant "Y" also wrote them an email.

Nothing happened. No reply.

Okay, tried to called them, they say please write to us....we did, and got no reply. They told, please try again and we will try get back to you ASAP.

Of course, it didn't happen.

So we decided to do everything ourselves. Tenant "X" moved out, tenant "Y" moved in.
    Tenant "Y" paid half of deposit (other half is mine) - to the tenant "X". And it's all done.

But I would like to register new tenant "Y", and change names in our contract. And since nobody replies, I wanted to ask, is it the case to go to Threshold or police, or court, I don't know. I would like to hear your advice.

P.S. I always pay my rent on time and I didn't have any issues with neighbors. It's all smooth.

Thank you very much for your help and time.

Regards,
    Alex

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

In most cases, Just carry on and if they ignore you simply record it. There's little upside to you or they in pursuing them vigorously until you have an actual issue/problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭C3PO

I think I would write them a letter outlining the situation and send it via registered post. Then if there is any issue in the future you have a record of informing them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Just because you sent an email, it doesn't mean that they received nor saw it. It might have been blocked by spam filters and such.

If in doubt, phone and write a letter (registered is best), to confirm all details.

On a side note, Threshold are only an advice/mediation bureau. They are not a legal body, so don't listen to cases. The legal body is the RTB.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

It's quite likely they won't care as long as the rent is paid.

Advertisement