Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping for a two-year-old

Options
  • 25-08-2017 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get one?

On a serious note, I need to buy a present for a two-year-old girl. Problem is, I haven't the first clue where to buy, what to buy and how much is appropriate to spend.

It's not a birthday or anything like that, but I'm going to a wedding and she's a daughter of a good mate, so I thought the decent thing to do is show up with a gift for the little one.

Feel free to throw in some AH-type suggestions, but some real ones would be nice too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Just walk into the nearest toy store and ask them what the best thing to get a 2 year old is.

Or a paintballing voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

500 euro gift voucher for Benetton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Six Dutch and a pack of Johnny blue.

Get 'em started early and they'll be past this phase by the time they hit their teens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

A book?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

When in doubt Lego.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,257 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Stuffed toy?

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭LushiousLips

Nothing more than €20 I'd reckon. Anything really by Peppa Pig or Paw Patrol at that age and you're laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

That's really thoughtful OP!
    I think something suitable that she can then play with on the day is a great idea.
    Just keep in mind it probably shouldn't make loud screechy noise or need too much space, so no remote controlled drones or scooters!
    Maybe a colouring book and pencils?
    May not sound too exciting but any kid I've ever known loves scribbling, and if it is of some of her favourite characters, like Doc McStuffins or Paw Patrol, even better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Fidget spinner and a Lazer pointer an maybe a couple of black cat bangers since halloween is coming up soon

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

At that age she will be into one of the following:

Peppa Pig
    Paw Patrol
    Doc McStuffin

So maybe buy one of those toys for her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Something to keep little fingers occupied during a wedding. A simple wooden puzzle? Colouring chalks? A little dolly to love?

Not plastic, for the love of earth - there's so much plastic in every toy-box already.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,729 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

A flick knife. Kids love pushing the retractable blade back, then pushing the button to see the blade flick out. Brings such joy to their little hearts

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Something that needs constant replacement batteries and makes a load of noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,729 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Simple toys are the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,758 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

A large cardboard box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    A flick knife. Kids love pushing the retractable blade back, then pushing the button to see the blade flick out. Brings such joy to their little hearts

They live in Blanch, so maybe when she's three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Dtp1979 wrote: »

a weela weela wallya

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

A Nintendo Switch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Zimmos

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Nearest creche should have one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

That Peppa pig merchandise is the worst sh1te on the market. Absolute rubbish, fcukers won't stand up and the accessories fall apart.
    (Apologies for the rant)

Colouring book and crayons (might be too young for twistables) or a little dolly.
    Duplo might be wasted if on the 2 end of 2 yrs old.

Mother care have some nice crap, my 2 yr old went everywhere with these fcukers: (there's a range of them)

http://www.mothercare.ie/happyland-fairy-figures.html

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,061 ✭✭✭✭beertons

A roll of bubble wrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

I was thinking about my last post and I probably didn't think it through fully, I'd say my original recommendations would be more suitable for a two year old boy. I was trying to rack my brains and I thought to myself how about a present that would be good for both a boy or a girl, then it came t me the perfect present for any two year old yep you guessed it... A ten spot of hash! You could even throw in a couple of loose skins with it if you wanna be extra sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

A 3 pack of bubbles (for when she spills the first one all over the place). She can blow bubbles throughout the day.

I saw a sign that said "Watch for Children" and I thought, "that sounds like a fair trade".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Colouring book and crayons (might be too young for twistables) or a little dolly.
    Duplo might be wasted if on the 2 end of 2 yrs old.
    Not at all. Our 8 year old who is Lego mad and his 4 years old sister still play with it. I think they are actually more creative with Duplo than with regular Lego.

Dollys btw we're complete waste on our gangster but she loves those awful fluffy toys with big sparkly eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

A two year old what? You'll need to be more specific.

Advertisement