Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long shot in training camp that you hope makes your team?

Options
  • 24-08-2017 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭

For 2017 I choose......Jaylen Hill, cornerback, Jacksonville State, undrafted free agent

An undrafted rookie and not the tallest at 5'10" though there are shorter outside corners he started the offseason a long shot at nickle corner. However injuries to incumbent Tavon Young and next in line Maurice Canady sent him up the depth chart. These days nickle corner is pretty much a starters job anyway and he has played very well in preseason and one INT so far.

Brandon Boykin arrived with a reputation from Philadelphia (not so much from Pittsburgh) and looks to have been beaten out by an undrafted rookie.

A ways to go yet in preseason, the Ravens must be practising on concrete with the amount of injuries they have but I hope Hill makes the roster

ravens17-camp805-jaylen-hill.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

I'm going to go with Gabe Marks, Wide Receiver, Washington State, undrafted free agent

Although Marks put up astonishing numbers in college, he holds WSU’s career records for receptions (316), touchdowns (37) and receiving yards (3,453) and also finished his college career as the Pac-12’s all-time career leader in receptions. But fell down draft boards because "he's too Small", "he's a system receiver" and he lacks elite speed.

Marks has been one of the names that constantly comes with both coaches and media(Steve Smith picked him out as one to watch) when there talking about the WR core, which is no easy feet considering the Jets wide receiver room is packed full of young and unproven players looking to make a name for them selves.

Anderson and Peake are probably the only two WR to have there places locked in, so theres definitely a good chance Marks can make the roster. Although the Jets did use 2 draft picks on WRs, so the coaches might look more favourably towards those Guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭letowski

Hoping for Marlon Mack (RB) for the Colts to make it. Was a late fourth round pick from the University of South Florida. Had a good career with USF with 3,609 yards, 586 carries and 32 touchdowns. He scored 15 TD's last year with 6 from 43 plus yards.

We could really do with someone to come through as Frank Gore is 35 years old now and while he has a 1,000 yard season last year, he can keep going forever. Mack had a nice cameo in his first game against the Cowboys, so hopefully he can keep going.

Very exciting player to watch. A home run threat with blazing speed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I think Matt Breida, RB, UDFA out of Georgia Southern will make the 49ers roster and could see some game time too. Scored 17 TD's in 2 different seasons in college and had over 1600 yards in 2015.

Lorenzo Jerome, DB from Saint Francis has a good chance too but will likely just add depth and special teams.

Cole Hitikuni has done well at TE but may end up on the practice squad.

I like the look of C.J. Beathard QB, He looks like he's going to outplay Barkley and earn the number 2 QB spot, though the 49ers will likely carry 3 qB's in any case.

Overall Bredia is the one with the best chance to make waves in 2017.

Advertisement