Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet won't connect to WiFi

Options
  • 24-08-2017 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭

My son's Acer Iconia tablet will not connect to the WiFi in our house today for love or money. The WiFi is working on my phone. Anyone any ideas on how to fix this?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Have the tablet forget the network and retry.
    Restart the tablet and the router if that doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

5uspect wrote: »
    Have the tablet forget the network and retry.
    Restart the tablet and the router if that doesn't work.

Tried both but no joy. It's taking ages scanning networks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Is your WiFi 5GHz or 2.4GHz? The tablet might not be able to connect to 5GHz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Does it connect to the wifi but you have no internet access? Or just doesnt connect at all?

Reason i ask, we have a samsung galaxy tab 3 thats about 4 years old. The battery doesnt hold its charge anymore, so any time it is switched off for a day or more the tablet forgets the date and time. So each time we use it it connects to the wifi but no internet access until we set the date to the correct date.
    Might be of help.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

KKkitty wrote: »
    Tried both but no joy. It's taking ages scanning networks too.

Does it connect to any other wifi networks? Can you create a hotspot on your phone to test?

Seems to be a common issue with these devices.
    http://community.acer.com/t5/2014-Archives/Acer-Iconia-W700-Wi-Fi-problem/td-p/631

Have you got the latest drivers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Hi everyone. It's back working again. My partner persisted with it and everything is fine now. Thanks for your help.

Advertisement