Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Join a club or a society?

Options
  • 24-08-2017 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi there,

I am a 28 year old female who has recently gotten into golf. I did a set of ladies group lessons up in Leopardstown and then another set up in Stackstown.

I bought a set of golf clubs last week and I want to get started but feel a bit lost / intimated.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice as to whether to join a club or a society first? A lot of clubs I looked at online didnt seem to have room for members at the moment.

I would be a weekend player.

All advice welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

You could join both. I play a bit of society golf and about 80% of the society are members of a club too.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭birdie89

Thanks. Any societies in the South Dub area you would recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Have you considered one of the societies playing in Leapardstown? They seem very sociable and might suit you at this stage. The course isn't great but you probably don't want anywhere too hard until you get more confident. It could be a good first step.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Are there any clubs in your area that run Get Into Golf (GIGs) programmes?

Our local club (unfortunately not in Dublin) runs a very successful one for women looking to get into the game with a reduced membership, lessons and social golf etc for the first year

Advertisement