Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for IT partner

Options
  • 24-08-2017 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

I'm in the healthcare industry and i'm looking for an IT partner that can help recreate existing software that compares files (payment claims and reimbursement files) and can identify discrepancies for a business venture.

Please PM me if you have the expertise and are interested.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭nino1

....... wrote: »

It involves claims and reimbursement from the HSE.

There is already a company that created the software and charge for services but I am looking to recreate it and charge in a different way.

I'm sure the HSE could implement this software but they benefit from incorrectly processed claims hugely each year so it is not in their interest to change the current system, in fact it would mean them paying out much more.

The company that created the software are a private company that charges for its services and would not want to share their product.

I have no IT background whatsoever so I'm looking for someone to recreate the software.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

nino1 wrote: »
    I'm sure the HSE could implement this software but they benefit from incorrectly processed claims hugely each year so it is not in their interest to change the current system, in fact it would mean them paying out much more.

The company that created the software are a private company that charges for its services and would not want to share their product.

I have no IT background whatsoever so I'm looking for someone to recreate the software.

So if you have nothing to bring from the development side, you've got the money to pay for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

John_Mc wrote: »
    So if you have nothing to bring from the development side, you've got the money to pay for it?

Somehow I think IT partner means doing it for nothing - just a hunch - apologies if I'm being cynical :D

D.

dazberry wrote: »
    Somehow I think IT partner means doing it for nothing - just a hunch - apologies if I'm being cynical :D

D.

yes, i'd like you to do all the work, use all your expertise and i'll ride off into the sunset. :rolleyes:
    If anyone interested in more info they can pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

yes, i'd like you to do all the work, use all your expertise and i'll ride off into the sunset. :rolleyes:
    If anyone interested in more info they can pm me.

Don't let the sunset hit your arse on the way out :p

Seriously though, you'd be surprised how many people think they can get stuff done for nothing or next to nothing - the mobile app forum seems to get a lot of it...

D.

dazberry wrote: »
    Don't let the sunset hit your arse on the way out :p

Seriously though, you'd be surprised how many people think they can get stuff done for nothing or next to nothing - the mobile app forum seems to get a lot of it...

D.

ah, I was wondering where the cynicism was coming from!

• Advertisement

My IT partner and I would sell the software package to the individual contractors so they could run the programme them selves each month when they recieve theri payment report rather tan having to pay the outside company a yearly fee and a percentage of the reclaimed amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

My IT partner and I would sell the software package to the individual contractors so they could run the programme them selves each month when they recieve theri payment report rather tan having to pay the outside company a yearly fee and a percentage of the reclaimed amount.

So how does the it partner make money? Are you paying for its development?

So how does the it partner make money? Are you paying for its development?

I am just making initial enquiries about this.
    Checking if there is someone here who can do it, who is willing to do it, how much it would cost etc etc.
    It would obviously have to be worth someones time and expertise so that would have to be discussed and agreed but pointless talking about that before costing done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

With the likes of Google, Amazon, Azure, Heroku, OpenShift, etc. the cost of technology stacks are negligible these days.
    I'd agree that 100k should be sufficient to buy you a single developer ( / analyst if you're lucky ) for 12 months.
    I'd disagree with this reverse engineering approach; whilst it's useful to know how existing software works, I feel that it should be irrelevant in terms of you being able to define what you need, i.e. the requirements of the software, and focus on implementing that, and not caring what the existing does. If you need to figure out what the existing does, then you don't know your requirements and you will be wasting everyone's time and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭14ned

I'd agree that 100k should be sufficient to buy you a single developer ( / analyst if you're lucky ) for 12 months.

I don't think 100k would be enough to be honest. You can get 120k+ as a contractor with an established multinational with little risk they won't/can't pay.

If I were interested in contracting high risk high reward projects, I'd be looking for a 250k payoff after 12 months for this sort of risky no guarantees work.

Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

I'm not up-to-date with contractor rates in Ireland; I guess I based it on the previous post where poster mentioned 50K for 6 months. I feel it would depend a lot on location though; I guess that 100K for 12 months work-from-home would be more appealing than 120K that required you to show up at a city center office 5 days a week. Also I feel that the OP needs a developer who will also be an analyst. If the OP can produce evidence of potential clients for the software and potential revenue from these clients and is able to succinctly describe the requirements of the software, it might have potential.
    However, as was previously mentioned, the devil will be in the detail. The use of the word partner in the title has been treated with suspicion. Will the partner be taking all the risk in terms of giving their time to develop something and only gets paid if it sells? Or does OP intend to pay market rate each month and thus take the risk upon themselves? Either way, for a partnership to work, each party should have (equal?) skin in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭14ned

I'm not up-to-date with contractor rates in Ireland; I guess I based it on the previous post where poster mentioned 50K for 6 months. I feel it would depend a lot on location though; I guess that 100K for 12 months work-from-home would be more appealing than 120K that required you to show up at a city center office 5 days a week.

Almost all contractors have the same fixed costs as permies i.e. they live near a major urban centre where rent/mortgages are high. So the difference for remote work is the cost of travel and the inconvenience cost of time wasted commuting. In Dublin, despite what those living there think, the cost of travel is pretty reasonable when compared to say London.

So I'm not at all sure that 100k working from home beats 120k onsite for most. Also, to be blunt, there are 100% remote contracts going just as much for the major multinationals if you play your cards right. So any startup needs to be competing at that level unless they're happy with below par talent (which most are).

Regarding partnerships in tech startups, as I always try to tell people, don't bother unless it's a 99.9% guaranteed profit margin of at least 600%. You'll never get that profit margin once various engineering and contract problems are overcome, but at the beginning, it needs to be sixfold to eightfold profit margin by your best estimation and almost guaranteed to deliver as far as you can tell at the beginning.

If it isn't both of these, then go find another startup idea. 200% profit margins are for maturing businesses, not startups.

Niall

Advertisement