Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Martial art club

Registered Users Posts: 2 Hawkward

Hi everyone,

Let me explain quickly, I've been practicing a martial art for a few years in France and moved to Ireland for work. Now that I'm here, I'd like to give some lessons. At the moment I have a few colleagues I train with in parks but other people want to join, but in the case where someone is injured I guess that I am liable for that.

Thus my questions :
    1. Can/should I make people sign a waiver of liability in my name for the practice of the martial art? Would this have any value without having a structure and be enough for an outside practice?

2. Should I create a structure? If yes, which kind? (Knowing that I don't ask for any money, we have a special kind of association in France for that (law on associations 1901, but here I don't know, non-profit organization?)

Any other advice is very welcome
    Thank you!

Advertisement