Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There is a spider in the room

Options
  • 24-08-2017 5:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,551 ✭✭✭✭

Arachnophobe in life or death situation!

Fast and big fcuker too. Need a kill strategy. It's run to a safe haven which I have identified. Now I have to lure it out of it's hole.

I hate spiders.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Are you sure it didn't jump into your hair ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Fire..lots of it

Burn the whole house down..just to be sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

There's a rat in mi kitchen what am I gonna do?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,551 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I have a cat. The spider is around this size - a little wider.

Don't want to put the kitten at risk but feel it could do a job. That cat only gets bitten once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Awh you never kill a spider OP!

Generally I'm not afraid of them but I was putting the washing away the other day and one gave me a fright. He was on a top. I just folded the top gently and threw it the drawer so it's probably still in there :/:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭pah

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Let it bite you, Spider Frog Spider Frog got bit by a spider and can't have a dog.

I'm thinking I need to call the zoo. This thing looks not native to Ireland.

Fcuk it, calling zoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭jamesthepeach

Ever wake up coughing really badly with something in your throat.
    Well that is because a spider crawled into your mouth and down your throat as it looked warm and inbiting while you were asleep.
    You breathed in and down he went and you went into fit of coughing.
    Op, if you don't get the sucker it will multiply and you'll wake up coughing a lot in The coming months. So make sure you get it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Ever wake up coughing really badly with something in your throat.
    Well that is because a spider crawled into your mouth and down your throat as it looked warm and inbiting while you were asleep.
    You breathed in and down he went and you went into fit of coughing.
    Op, if you don't get the sucker it will multiply and you'll wake up coughing a lot in The coming months. So make sure you get it today.

You will be sorted for breakfast OP

• Advertisement

.."don't frighten people"...

No problem here, house spider.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Think I'll head to the beach today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Do you have any flammables.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

I have a cat. The spider is around this size - a little wider.

Don't want to put the kitten at risk but feel it could do a job. That cat only gets bitten once.

Zero fcuks given by that spider.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

This is the solution, it actually works!!! http://spiderex.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dramatik

My best mate is seriously scared of spiders, he used to suffer from night terrors as a child in which the dreams always involved spiders/spider webs. Anyway the guy is a roofer and his boss had him removing ivy, from the roof they were about to start work on. He is removing the ivy when a spider appears and starts making it's way towards him, my friend panicked and jumped, the only problem was that the poor lad was on a ladder two stories up :eek: He got away with just a sprained ankle in the end. I used to take the piss with him the odd time by drawing a spider-like shape in biro on the palm of my hand and then going up to him with my hands cupped and then making a throwing motion towards him, he'd freak every time even if I just drew a black circle with 8 lines coming off it lol! But once he told me about the ladder incident I decided to stop, the poor lad ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

Spiders work in packs. What you see now is the 'decoy spider'. While distracted by this slow obvious one, unbeknownst to you, other members of the cabal have infiltrated your clothes, and now lay in wait..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

OP hasnt been on in a while, spider must have won...... hail our new spider overlord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

OP, Google False Widow spider and search images. If your spider looks like one of these then be aware it can give you a nasty bite and some people suffer an allergic reaction. I had a couple in the house over the last while, and one yesterday in the recycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

You're going out there to destroy them, right? Not to study. Not to bring back. But to wipe them out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

In autumn, male house spiders (the big brown leggy lads) give up their quiet lives and go in search of lady spiders in the hope of producing a new generation of spiders to eat pests around your house.

Since they are not normally very keen on venturing out of their homes, the poor male house spider is quite easily startled and not really very good at escaping from scary situations, so they have a disconcerting tendency to appear in odd places and then panic when you try to move them.

If you are like me, the sight of a large leggy spider having a panic attack... unpleasant, to say the least, But, they really are very harmless and are genuinely more afraid than you are, so do try to just take a few deep breaths and shoo them gently away into a dark corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,908 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Get a piece of cardboard, like the top of a weetabix box, lay it down beside spider, spider will usually climb onboard, have window open nearby, gently place cardboard + spider on windowsill and close window.

That's what I do. They are harmless here.

I had a mouse run out from under the fridge the other day, that's because they hop in the back door sometimes. I stamped my foot, and s/he ran back in under fridge. So I built a barricade and opened back door. Was great fun. Man versus mouse. I think it found its way back out. Again harmless.

Now wasps on the other hand are a different story altogether. They are nasty feckers. But if they are around the patio a few strategically placed bowls with sugar and water placed down the garden a bit will keep them sugar drunk for ages and they'll leave you alone.

I like nature, but hate the thoughts of killing any of them if I can help it.

Advertisement