Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping pad

Options
  • 24-08-2017 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭

looking for a sleeping pad that is light but don't want to pay thermarest prices.

Have you guys any suggestions.

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

I've been doing the same search for ages. Looking for high R value but lower weight. Can't find anything that's under 1kg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭tphase

Karrimats are cheap and light and you can easily cut them down to fit and reduce the weight further but perhaps aren't comfortable enough for your needs

I have a Thermarest Proilite4, 3/4 length mat I use for hiking - packs small, reasonably light and probably available for not a lot given that it's an old mat and they are pushing their Neoair mats now

Maybe worth a look at Alpkit https://www.alpkit.com/products/numo
    I have only got one of their bivvy bags but they seem to make decent kit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

those alpkit ones look like a goer thanks.

I'll report back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

Any way I got the alpkit airo 120 and it packs down really small and seem to be good.

Advertisement