Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When to try again after misscarrage

Options
  • 24-08-2017 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Misscarried at 10 weeks, I was told by 1 doctor to wait 1 cycle to try again and another to wait 3. 3 is a long time to wait to start again. Anyone get pregnant very soon after a miscarriage and have a healthy baby?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

I also had a miscarriage at 10 weeks on my 2nd pregnancy in 2015 and had a D&C. Doctors recommend you wait a month to make any subsequent pregnancy easier to date (as you'd have a LMP date). Not sure why waiting 3 months would be recommended? Did the doctor who recommended that say why?

I had the D&C in March, waited for my period which came about 5 weeks after the D&C, started using ovulation tests again straight after and conceived in May. Had a healthy baby boy in Feb 2016.

Good with TTC again

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ms218

Doctor 1 said waiting 1 cycle is fine but doctor 2 said 3 cycles as he sees more successful pregnancies when not conceived so soon after as he said your body needs time to heal. It's makes sense I suppose but I think I'll leave it 2 to be in the middle somewhat. The only way I'm going to get over this misscarrage is if I get pregnant again but the thoughts of going though this again terrifying. My first pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 babybaby2017

I had a miscarriage in March and we conceived straight away but unfortunately miscarried again ..we are now going to start again after waiting 3 months. Just want to give my body a break and hopefully we ll be 3rd time lucky.best of luck to you .

So sorry for your losses. Ya your right. Going to be hard but waiting a few months is better hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 LoveBrowsing

I'm so sorry to hear your news, it's so difficult. I miscarried in late March with my first and again was told to wait one full cycle, so after 2 periods, which we did. We're still TTC now, it's coming up to the due date and I'm finding it quite difficult, I'm sorry I waited so long.
    There is another thread on here with ladies who had a miscarriage and were pregnant again before their period came back, after one period etc. but to be honest I think it's whatever feels right to you but just mind yourself. I didn't appreciate how hard it was until it happened to us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

ms218 wrote: »
    Doctor 1 said waiting 1 cycle is fine but doctor 2 said 3 cycles as he sees more successful pregnancies when not conceived so soon after as he said your body needs time to heal. It's makes sense I suppose but I think I'll leave it 2 to be in the middle somewhat. The only way I'm going to get over this misscarrage is if I get pregnant again but the thoughts of going though this again terrifying. My first pregnancy.

I am so sorry. I was exactly like you just wanting to be pregnant.
    I miscarried my first last year. The doctors said to wait a month as it was easier to date but my period took about 6 weeks to come back anyway. We tried straight away but it took three more months to get pregnant. I am nearly 7 months pregnant now but the pain of the miscarriage really only hit when this baby reached milestones my last baby didn't. I grieved more for the miscarriage during the first 14/ 16 weeks of this pregnancy than I did at the time. Please just be prepared for the fact that your hormones are probably still all over the place and when you get pregnant again, they will go mental again. I was an absolute crazy person.

Ya I honestly didn't think much of miscarriage either, I always thought o that's sad but it's just so much more than just sad. Anyway I will definitely give it 1 period and see how I feel. Hopefully doesn't take long but I'll have to be prepared for it if it does as it's very possible it can take a good few months. I don't care if I'm a crazy person as long as everything is ok. That's for my husband to deal with ha!

I'll be getting an early scan next time as my misscarrage was a silent misscarrage. found out at 10 weeks that baby stopped developing at 8 weeks and misscarried naturally that night. Was booked in for D&C but thankfully avoided it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

I am so sorry. I was exactly like you just wanting to be pregnant. I miscarried my first last year. The doctors said to wait a month as it was easier to date but my period took about 6 weeks to come back anyway. We tried straight away but it took three more months to get pregnant. I am nearly 7 months pregnant now but the pain of the miscarriage really only hit when this baby reached milestones my last baby didn't. I grieved more for the miscarriage during the first 14/ 16 weeks of this pregnancy than I did at the time. Please just be prepared for the fact that your hormones are probably still all over the place and when you get pregnant again, they will go mental again. I was an absolute crazy person.

Miscarried at 12 weeks 2 years ago, we haven't tried since, we've been planning our wedding, but just be aware of what Loveinapril saying here.. it took months for me to actually begin to grieve, it didn't really hit me properly until months later.. I'm not saying not to try again, but just be ready for those feelings when they come.. don't be afraid to talk it out or write it down xx

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

I miscarried in Sept last year. My partner was away for a few months after and we could not try again then.
    We started TTC again as soon as he got back and still have not gotten pregnant.
    We have a two year old and got pregnant pretty quick for both previous pregnancies so assumed it would happen that way again. No such luck. We are planning out wedding for next August so are kind of out of time now.

• Advertisement

MiliMe wrote: »
    I miscarried in Sept last year. My partner was away for a few months after and we could not try again then.
    We have a two year old and got pregnant pretty quick for both previous pregnancies so assumed it would happen that way again. No such luck. We are planning out wedding for next August so are kind of out of time now.
    I wouldn't stop trying just because of a wedding day, having another baby when you want is a lot more important than a wedding day. It's not worth the hype. If you do hopefully get pregnant and you really don't want to be pregnant the prospone it. You might loose a deposit or 2 but that's it. If you are pregnant on your wedding day then so what.

MiliMe wrote: »
    I'm sorry for your loss, I wouldn't stop trying just because of a wedding day, having another baby when you want is a lot more important than a wedding day. It's not worth the hype. If you do hopefully get pregnant and you really don't want to be pregnant on your wedding day then postpone it. You might loose a deposit or 2 but that's it. If you were pregnant on your wedding day then so what, I'm sure you could have 1 glass of wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭emzibob

I had a D&C on June 1st was told to wait till after first cycle or at least 4-6 weeks to start trying, I didn't have a cycle till 12 weeks later so we started trying earlier but no luck yet. The waiting is hard so go with how you feel and when your ready. I think the pressure we put on ourselves to get pregnant after a loss is so difficult not to get sucked into, fingers crossed it happens soon for all trying.

I now have to get the MMR as imunity tested low for rubella so I'll have to wait the 3 months anyway. Doc says 3 months after MMR but HSE website said 1 month. I wish the information I got was all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭ruahead

It took my body about 5 weeks to get a period back after my miscarriage, that is after 7 weeks of bleeding from the miscarriage followers by an Erpc. Then my periods were so heavy, so what I'm saying is it takes your body a while to get back to normal. I didnt wait to try. well after the first period anyhow (that was Like 12 weeks from the start of my miscarriage anyhow) ! Took me about 7-8 months after that to get a bfp and so stressful.I had got pregnant second month trying originally and looking back I was obsessed and my body and mind weren't ready ! It is hard, even being pregnant was a constant worry as I started bleeding again and was in constant worry about another miscarriage. Go easy on yourself ! What will be will be :-) Build up your body again and treat yourself !

I'm currently 27 weeks pregnant with a little girl. I got my period about 6 weeks after and tried again and was lucky to get pregnant straight away. I was very nervous at the start but everything is going well so far. Well besides the sickness still at 27 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭ruahead

Great news ! And 26 weeks along too ! Best of luck !

Advertisement