Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A Twitter Ghost Story

Options
  • 23-08-2017 5:09pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure most of ye have seen this already as it went viral last week but what do ye all make of the Twitter Story of "Dear David", from the Twitter user below;

https://twitter.com/moby_dickhead?lang=en

Personally I don't see it anything other than a way for that user to rack up Twitter followers, the user in question conveniently has a book coming out soon and he also sells tshirts and his users numbers happen to be going through the roof at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

sleep paralysis and paranoia if you ask me

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

maccored wrote: »
    sleep paralysis and paranoia if you ask me

Yea he openly admitted he suffers from sleep paralysis at the start, it just seems to have taken on a life of it's own now.

I still feel like it's all leading to one big marketing payoff for him.

Loughc wrote: »
    Yea he openly admitted he suffers from sleep paralysis at the start, it just seems to have taken on a life of it's own now.

I still feel like it's all leading to one big marketing payoff for him.

Unfortunately when it comes to the paranormal, photos and even video arent convincing. A lot of the things he mentions though, arent in any way paranormal. His cat sits at the door at midnight - maybe a neighbour, mice or a dog go by at that time. He takes a pic through the peep hole and it looks like something's there - it really looks like dirt to me. His dreams are precisely that - dreams

Then again .... what could he post that would be convincing? Ive learned a long time ago that theres no point in telling anyone anything unless they are willing to try and experience these things for themselves. At the minute that seems to be the only way to 'prove' anything to oneself .... an actual experience.

Theres so much stuff on social media .... i cant see him making any cash out of it

its got creepier that story. he dreamt he took photos of the kid - and then realised he hadnt been dreaming and in fact had actually taken them

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yeah this story has completely jumped the shark. Like fair play to him it was very well done but surely it’s no more than an attempt to drive up his twitter followers.

It’s definitely a viral marketing stunt now.

• Advertisement

i think its interesting in that twitter might have a use now for story telling

maccored wrote: »
    i think its interesting in that twitter might have a use now for story telling

Absolutely and the way he slowly built the interest before the big reveal was good too. I wonder what the grand finale will be.

Advertisement