Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old car transporter trailer brakes parts/setup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

That system looks pretty badly corroded,in the interests of safety would you consider fitting a new system considering the kind of weight you will be carrying?
    There are plenty of trailer spares companies here and UK that sell refurb kits or even more modern designs of trailer brakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mark_mec

CJhaughey wrote: »
    That system looks pretty badly corroded,in the interests of safety would you consider fitting a new system considering the kind of weight you will be carrying?
    There are plenty of trailer spares companies here and UK that sell refurb kits or even more modern designs of trailer brakes.

Thanks for your reply
    I am trying to find this style brake shoe its 200x35 but finding it very hard to find it!
    I found this which look the same but can't find where to buy it
    http://www.valeryd.com/visainfo.asp?artikelnr=4010220A

thanks for the information. I got it sorted in the end i had to get the shoes relined.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

mark_mec wrote: »
    thanks for the information. I got it sorted in the end i had to get the shoes relined.

Shoes you showed a link for are a copy of the original ALKO shoes. ALKO did a 200 x 35

Matter of interest how much did the reline cost?

• Advertisement

Shoes you showed a link for are a copy of the original ALKO shoes. ALKO did a 200 x 35

€95 including postage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭9935452

mark_mec wrote: »

€95 including postage

For all 4 corners ?

I know that 200 x 50 cost 30 a set as I bought them a few years back

9935452 wrote: »
    For all 4 corners ?

I know that 200 x 50 cost 30 a set as I bought them a few years back

Unfortunately not. Only 2 corners.

Advertisement