Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant towards a part time course at night in UCC?

Options
  • 23-08-2017 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I work full time but I am going doing s course in UCC part time and I was wondering is there any grant toward this. I am 28 years old and never went to college. The two year course is €3000 a year so it's €6000 so a grant would be great. Could anyone please advise?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,886 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Generally there's no grants for part time courses, but you d never know your luck. Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

No, there are not grants.

I study by night for the last few years myself and my employer pays for me. Is this an option for you??

But to add there is tax relief at 20% I think in anything above 1500 spent on a part time course per year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

If it's a 2-year part-time course and you haven't previously gone to college, what sort of award exactly do you get from the course? Don't waste money if the certification can be obtained a cheaper way.

As for funds.. I'd probably recommend saving hard and getting a credit union loan.
    Not what you asked but hope it helps. If it's worth it I'm sure you'll always find a way to do the course.

Well it depends what course it is.

Bring that it's ucc I would imagine it would be a level 6 cert/ diploma qualification you'll be coming out with but I don't know.

I'm doing a course in cit for the last few years. Firstly I attained a level 6 cert then I moved on to a level 7 degree and now am studying for a level 8 degree.

Familiarise yourself with the national framework of qualifications, which can be used to justify your decisions when choosing what to do

• Advertisement

Also it doesn't matter if you went to college before or not. Everybody who does the course you are thinking of will come out with the same qualification on completion.
    The only difference may be that a person with previous qualifications may be exempt from doing a module or two if that is an option offered

Advertisement