Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox hacked or?

Options
  • 23-08-2017 11:23am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Last night xbox live services etc were unavailable for a few hours, was it hacked or was it something else? (I can't access games related websites to read what went on in work)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,955 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Last night xbox live services etc were unavailable for a few hours, was it hacked or was it something else? (I can't access games related websites to read what went on in work)

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-live-status

All service alerts are updated there. I was on Live for a bit last night and it was fine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

emmetkenny wrote: »

All service alerts are updated there. I was on Live for a bit last night and it was fine.

I cant access that here in work, well my young lad couldnt get on last night on his or my account, he text me this morning to see if I renewed gold so said I would check and see here :)

I cant access that here in work, well my young lad couldnt get on last night on his or my account, he text me this morning to see if I renewed gold so said I would check and see here :)

Service report says there is no problems with Live today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Service report says there is no problems with Live today.

Any idea why they werent available last night? Was it maintenance or something?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,210 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Was down for a few hours last night according to tweets but was sorted relatively quickly. No word on the cause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Was down for a few hours last night according to tweets but was sorted relatively quickly. No word on the cause.

Cheers guys, will check out the links when i get home later :D

I was on for an hour last night around 8 so was everyone affected?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I was on for an hour last night around 8 so was everyone affected?

No, not everyone, seemed pretty random.

You could still play the games/apps if you went offline, so the effect wasn't too bad. Of course, if your home console is on the other side of the country, then yeah, you'd be screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

dTFjM9Y.jpg

• Advertisement

jcd5971 wrote: »
    dTFjM9Y.jpg

I don't care if there was a hack or not. I'll just turn on my PlayStation and play on that... As long as I don't have to go outside (great graphics, crap gameplay) I'm happy :P

Also did you not get annoyed with Failsafe for posting a meme about PSN going down or something to that affect recently?

CatInABox wrote: »
    No, not everyone, seemed pretty random.

You could still play the games/apps if you went offline, so the effect wasn't too bad. Of course, if your home console is on the other side of the country, then yeah, you'd be screwed.

A pain in the rear if you only play online games on the xbox tho.
    I don't care if there was a hack or not. I'll just turn on my PlayStation and play on that... As long as I don't have to go outside (great graphics, crap gameplay) I'm happy :P

Also did you not get annoyed with Failsafe for posting a meme about PSN going down or something to that affect recently?

Thats the exact reason I dont go outside anymore, life like graphics but the gameplay is unrewarding :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Yep that real life mod is supposed to be good alright, not a fan of it personally, plays too much like a walking simulator and its far too grindy for my liking, dosent even have fast travel.

I cant remember on the failsafe bit if i'm being honest, any chance of a link to these spurious claims (probably true though):D

Thats the exact reason I dont go outside anymore, life like graphics but the gameplay is unrewarding :pac:

Achievements are hard to unlock as well.

Achievements are hard to unlock as well.

Sims made it look so easy :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah, that's true, sucks for that.

Dear god, have you tried sprinting in real life recently? I'm wheezing after 30 seconds, and it's nothing like the recovery time in COD, that sprint for 30 seconds/recover in 10 is pure bulls**t!

:rolleyes:

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, that's true, sucks for that.

Dear god, have you tried sprinting in real life recently? I'm wheezing after 30 seconds, and it's nothing like the recovery time in COD, that sprint for 30 seconds/recover in 10 is pure bulls**t!

:rolleyes:

Sprint??? I titan skate everywhere ;)

Advertisement