Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Speed van parked outside house

Options
  • 23-08-2017 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

Hi All, Here's a weird situation I've found myself in and I don't know who to contact or how to resolve it. I've recently just purchased a house in Galway, not too far from the city in fact, but countryside none the less. Anyways, I'm in the middle of a complete refurbishment of an old cottage, it's located along a busy enough road but has a by road that run's parallel to the main one. So, I'm a week into the renovations and my builder calls me to say this Speed Van is parked outside my house. Fine, no problem with Speed Van's (Yet) but my builder's telling me he's blocking the entrance to the main access gate of the house. Now, quiet clearly there's a For Sale\Sold house sign clearly visible in the garden and a skip in the driveway being filled. My question is who do I ring about telling them to park somewhere further down. The Council, The Guarda, Speed Van company, who I don't know the name of!? I was tempted to just leave a note on the drivers window and ask him nicely to park somewhere further down but I feel he'd probably just ignore me. I think the location is a long term hot spot from these guys going by the road it's on. Your thoughts and help here would be gratefully received?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Do as you said... Leave a note advising he is blocking entry to your house.

As far as I know there is always someone in the speed van. I would just knock on the van and politely ask them not to park there again.

There should be someone inside. Knock on the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Go Safe drivers have been attacked before at the roadside so I'd say they'd be reluctant to open the door. The vans are designed so they can go from front to rear without getting out.
    Go Safe don't seem to have any contact details that I can find but they are contracted by the Gardai. Contact your local Garda station with the reg/plant number of the van and the location. Contact the RSA as well.

A handier way would be to put up bollards and safety tape when the go so the cant park there again

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I presume the builder drives a van? Just park up behind blocking the camera. When somebody arrives to find out why the camera is being blocked, explain that it's not. The driveway is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Put the skip where he is parked

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Put the skip where he is parked

Re-block the access? How does that make sense?

Advertisement