Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best method for stove with back boiler installation?

Options
  • 22-08-2017 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Hi,

A plumber mate of mine told me he best practice is to have a closed system with a heat exchanger. (I think so anyways) He said something about overflows in the attic allowing air in and rusting radiators from the inside out.
    He was only on a trip back from oz and is gone again and can't get hold of him and I'm under time constraints.

Does this make sense to any plumbers out there? I'll have a condenser boiler too.
    And if so, any ideas how much a heat exchanger is?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Hi,

A plumber mate of mine told me he best practice is to have a closed system with a heat exchanger. (I think so anyways) He said something about overflows in the attic allowing air in and rusting radiators from the inside out.
    He was only on a trip back from oz and is gone again and can't get hold of him and I'm under time constraints.

Does this make sense to any plumbers out there? I'll have a condenser boiler too.
    And if so, any ideas how much a heat exchanger is?
    Cheers

The safest way to pipe solid fuel is via a gravity circuit. Closing the system like he suggested is possible but only as a last resort when gravity is an option. If piped correctly then air won't enter the system

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Tom44

I prefer Dtp way, not a problem if done correctly. ��

This is what your Oz friend was recommending
    http://www.firebird.ie. heat- exchanger_Brochure.pdf

Its on the firebirds website if link doesn't work. " Solid fuel heat exchanger"

Advertisement