Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Horror Story in Cobh - RUSHBROOKE LINKS

Options
  • 22-08-2017 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

Well guys this is something i hope some people would read before moving to RushBrook Links in Cobh or Generally trusting the Eir Website before renting a house.

So the the full story goes as follows

I have moved from Ennis to Cork about 3 months ago when looking for a home I checked the Eir site to see if the property was able to get eFiber broadband and advertised that it could.
    But ones ordering I was told that I was not able to get efiber broadband and only ADSL v2 was available at my home as the eFiber Cabinet was full and I would need to call every week to check if a port came free ( which might take months/years ). Now I have gotten a second phone line put in to get another ADSL v2 connection as the speed is too low to support two people in regards streaming services. So my total internet bill is now 95 Euro a month ( thanks Eir )

But the fun Fact is that i am probably not the only house in that area - how can Eir install a cab and hope to support a massive estate on a single cab ( yes there is a cab extension on it).

So i honestly think they are not arsed even to help or report this problem and feels like they just do not give a s**t. I have called them now every week to check if i can get it but its always the same sorry the cab is full and you need to wait till some one cancels. What happens if they do not ? Does that mean in 1 year time i would need to get a third line just to be able to check a website?.

I have gotten in touch through Eir Community and the communcation has been as follows

Response from Eir ( Who tbh has been as helpful as he could possibly be)
    "
    I 've liaised with the relevant team & I've been advised that still the ports are full, freeing up ports at the cab is dependent on the customers cancelling services. So, there is no forecast date to provide & unsure of when the fiber will be available at your home.
    "
    my response

"

Thank you very much for the update - but can you see from my point that this is utterly unacceptable - before renting this home i checked your site to see if it was available at this home and its clearly stated that it was - so unless i am wrong that is false advertising - as well incompetence from Eirs techinical roll out to Not put enough points for every home in the estate and then mark the area as green and fiber enabled which is clearly is a LIE. Please do not get me wrong this of course is not your fault but honestly who can i email or talk to who can have a better response than "freeing up ports at the cab is dependent on the customers cancelling services" as currently there is emtpy houses for sale with no one living in them and your telling me there is not points Please - its a question of sending some one to clean the cab and free up some points. Please see my point i am a willing and paying customer who is complaining because i give a s**t and i think aspecially who is now paying 90 euro a month just to have fast enough internet to stream youtube and netflix and be able to play a computer game as well as work. So i kindly ask if you could please provide me an email to some one who can at least highlight and mark the estate to be looked at again, As i am not the only house i am sure in that estate to have this problem - i just feel like from my experiance so far there is no venue to even voice and point out this problem.

"
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ok, lets say there are 210 homes in the cabinets catchment. The standard unit gives them 192 ports. Are they going to buy another rack, LT, extra battery etc for the last 18 potential customers?(might be only 8 that actually want service)? No. Its not economical. OpenEir have been cash strapped for years, nobody wants them pissing away cash.

Sucks for you but you aren't a good business case. A 20yr ROI on 8yr hardware is a bad move.

Advertisement