Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instagrammers buying followers

Options
  • 22-08-2017 4:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hey everyone, not sure if this has been discussed on another thread I haven't spotted it anyway.... I saw last week that Erika from Retro Flame shared that she had been given some kind of certificate from Fohr Card to confirm that she has never bought any followers. She gave a bit of detail about how easy and cheap it is for people to buy followers but said that this is something she is very much against and is proud of the following she has built by herself. I saw that Holly White also shared that she had been given the same thing from fohr card so I thought it would be interesting to keep an eye on what other bloggers / influencers are or aren't sharing to say that they haven't bought any followers. Have you seen anyone else mention this recently? I don't follow all the big bloggers and even the ones I do follow I don't always watch their snaps / insta stories so was curious to hear if there were others I might have missed. Have so much more respect for people who grow their audience organically instead of buying followers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Have a look a the SocialBlade website! You can see people's daily follower numbers! Can be interesting!! There is a thread on social blade

I think it's a brilliant idea! Haven't seen any of the Ines I follow mention it! Will be interesting to see how it's plays out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Seen Erika talk about that too, first I've heard of that type of certification. Shows how determined she is to do things right.

The only other person I've seen with that certification since is Lorna Weightman/ StyleIsle.

Be interesting to see who else gets this certification in the next while and also would it be something that brands insist on a blogger/vlogger/influencer/whatever having before working with them. Imagine a brand paying over money because your instagram says you have a reach of €100k followers when say 25% of them are fake!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You can get instagram followers/likes from vending machines in Russia. Pretty outrageous

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

Ya I couldn't get over how cheap they were when Erika was talking about it I thought you'd pay the big bucks! I messaged her to ask if the fohr card certificate thing is something you need to specifically request or do you automatically get it and she said that most bloggers should be registered with fohr card and that they automatically get sent the certification thing (why can't I think of the right word??) if you've never bought any followers.

So yes keep your eyes peeled! I reckon if your following was 100% genuine you would be only dying to tell everyone and show the proof so maybe the fact that very few bloggers have been sharing it speaks volumes...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Karen from lovelygirlybits just put up on Snapchat that she's been verified as having an authentic following! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Lovelygirliebits and Penneys To Prada have since posted up that they are now verified by Fohr card.

Advertisement