Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creatine Side Effects

Options
  • 21-08-2017 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Would it be okay to use creatine and drink whatever amounts of water to keep you hydrated throughout the day?
    I feel like if i have to chug down more than a gallon a day that would prevent me from meeting my calorie requirements per day... I've an extremely fast metabolism and drinking that much water i've never gone through before would hinder appetite...

I'm 65kg and have been like this for the past year :mad:

I know that creatine has been researched quite a substantial amount and i know myself about it inside out but i'm not sure if taking it ever day and drinking below recommended minimum levels of water would more likely result pressurizing my kidneys:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

You mean besides the huge gains??? I kid I kid.

You don't have to drink a gallon of water. Seems excessive to me. Just drink a bit more than usual. It's mostly to stop your muscles cramping up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,732 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Blacktie. wrote: »
    You mean besides the huge gains??? I kid I kid.

You don't have to drink a gallon of water. Seems excessive to me. Just drink a bit more than usual. It's mostly to stop your muscles cramping up.

I drink no water but a boat load of coffee. I'm assuming that'd hydrate me cause I never get cramps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Carry spare underwear and baby wipes around with you too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Pkiernan wrote:

Story time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Pkiernan wrote: »
    I can't use creatine monohydrate for the same reason as yourself!
    Have no problem with Creatine HCl though, once I adjusted to the horrific taste.

If monohydrate doesn't wreck your digestion, and you've normal kidney function, then standard doses shouldn't cause you any problems at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Started using creatine again recently. I find the tablets better than the powder. Anyway, I would suggest keeping well hydrated, but if water intake is suppressing your appetite, then space out over the course of the day. You don't have to drink a litre or 2 in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

I mix my creatine mono in with a shake (choco whey, milk, water, peanut butter, yoghurt, banana) and sure then you don't notice any taste. Could just dunk it into some water and mi-wadi either. No bad side effects for me - get it from myprotein.ie

Advertisement