Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaky sink strainer

Options
  • 21-08-2017 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

A few days ago my wife noticed a leak under our Blanco sink which was installed about 6 or 7 years ago. It appears to be coming from the sink strainer which is a bit loose. The rubber seal looks OK though. While it seemed like a simple job to tighten the strainer, I found it impossible.

In the attached photo the bolt fixing the strainer to the sink can be seen. There is a slot which is too big for any screw driver I have. Is a special tool needed or would a screwdriver with a wide blade do the job?

I hope someone can help.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sanguine Fan

Thanks to a very helpful assistant in my local Woodies I found out how to fix this problem.

As it happened, when I visited Woodies to try to find a tool to unscrew the sink strainer, there was a Blanco rep. present in the Bathroom dept. The Woodies assistant found the rep. who knew exactly how to help me.

Taking a euro coin from his pocket he demonstrated how it fit the slot in one of the Blanco sinks on display. Back home I had to turn the coin with a pliers, but it worked and I was able to remove the strainer.

Blanco do not make it easy to replace or fix their sink strainers but I hope this tip will help anyone with the same problem.

Advertisement