Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US pre Clearence Dublin finger print issues

Options
  • 21-08-2017 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hello

Hoping for some advice as can't seem to get a clear answer from anywhere.

My wife and I are going to the USA in November from Dublin airport. Part of the process is scanning fingerprints, but my wife has fingers missing on her left hand and won't be able to provide them. Question is does she need to get a special waiver or just turn up and explain? No links i have seen have been able to provide me an answer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Shouldn't be a problem

There is at least one Aer Lingus cabin crew member I have come across with a missing finger and they seemed to have no issue flying in and out of the US regularly.

Obviously you will have to go to a staffed booth to get the finger prints taken and there should be no issue

Imagine you lost an entire arm in an accident, they can't discriminate certainly in Europe the Schengen rules specifically consider this scenario.

For repeat visitors they only check the right hand as far as I recall, first time they do both

Believe it or not a tiny, tiny number of people have no fingerprints at all...

As with all visa/passport issues, simply call the embassy tomorrow to get clarity, if there is even the remotest issue they will ask you to apply for a full visa and do the interview instead of the online ESTA process. Call tomorrow and you can relax

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

My wife suffers from Raynaud’s and as a result has virtually no fingerprints. The last time we were heading to the US it was a very cold morning and her hands were quite bad as a result. Her fingerprints were just not registering on the scanners. After about 20 minutes of warming and application of various gels the US agent gave us they managed to get two thumb prints and they were happy with that. We ended up in secondary screening with about 5 or 6 CBP agents around us trying to get it to work, they seemed to be in good humor that morning as it proved to be the source of much entertainment to them all.

Advertisement