Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rose of Tralee

• 21-08-2017 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭

This is one of the worst designs I've seen in a long time. Was trying to check out for somebody was the festival on last week or this week. Not only did I give up before finding any details beyond the date range, but I'm still feeling slightly queasy from the bizarre combination of scrolling effects and video:
    (warning: may induce motion sickness)
    https://www.roseoftralee.ie/

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Not to mention the multiple pop ups that also appear on top of the video and scrolling text for a cookies message and a newsletter..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭daymobrew

The site seems to be a Wix site!!!

And the Dome Events "See Whats On" typo (should be "See What's On").
    The cookie consent popup was annoying - they are supposed to be so subtle that you don't really see them.
    And other poor quality elements used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Wix indeed. I have no idea how the source code works and no interest in trying to figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭daymobrew

tricky D wrote: »
    Wix indeed. I have no idea how the source code works and no interest in trying to figure it out.
    It renders with lots of "postion: absolute" and inline styles but the html source has a lot of javascript data :eek:

Advertisement