Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4G Speeds In General

Options
  • 21-08-2017 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭

After finding out H+ isn't 4G I an not on 4G with meteor, but as you can see its crap

http://imgur.com/a/NAK34

What speeds do people get? Even on other networks as an idea

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭boardzz

Vodafone minimum is usually 25Mbps. Average would be 40Mbps. Highest I've got with them is 140Mbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

Just checked my phone via speedtest.ie

31.98 Mbps download
    8.14 Mbps upload
    28 ms Ping

this is with meteor

my speeds are usually better with my 4G router but I dont have it to hand to test.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Wamwig

Just now

45.38 Mbps down
    37.18 Mbps up
    30 ms Ping

With Three (Galway city centre)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

A lot depends on location, for example I cant get 4G reception with the 3 network where I am. Best comparison would be someone near your location.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

pawrick wrote: »
    A lot depends on location, for example I cant get 4G reception with the 3 network where I am. Best comparison would be someone near your location.

Thats true I suppose, guessed Dublin is Dublin, think youd have the same speeds/coverage all over it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

totally depends on your location and also how many people on the same mast at the time.

I'm in rural kildare I get consistent 15mb - 30mb download. I tether it and use it for netflix and other home use. A neighbour less than 100 metres away gets appalling reception due to large trees and couple of barns in line of sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

jeffk wrote: »
    Thats true I suppose, guessed Dublin is Dublin, think youd have the same speeds/coverage all over it

Nope

I'm in the back arse of Co Dublin borderline Meath and only see a 4G in the town, usually H+ on Meteor...

Have you a 4G SIM?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Tested twice, once sitting down, once standing up

35.94 10.29 28
    22.11 16.24 29

On meteor.

Fieldog wrote: »
    Have you a 4G SIM?

Yes

Its about two months old, had to get support to do something as was stuck on H+

Looks like Ill have to go a shop and see what or if they can do anything :mad:

Yes

Its about two months old, had to get support to do something as was stuck on H+

Looks like Ill have to go a shop and see what or if they can do anything :mad:

What phone are you using?

If you were on a previous provider (before meteor) just check there is no settings still stuck in your APN settings...

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    What phone are you using?

If you were on a previous provider (before meteor) just check there is no settings still stuck in your APN settings...

Huawei Ascend G7

Just the meteor APN there thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Street I live on is serviced by a small cell, 40Mb minimum. Next street over 5-10Mb from a larger cell. South Dublin.

Checked earlier and 3G faster than 4G

Went outside and 4G speeds still crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Just checked mine, I'm on Eir.

43.45 Mbps download
    14.48 Mbps upload
    22 ms Ping

I normally see 20+mb when on 4G.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

After finding out H+ isn't 4G I an not on 4G with meteor, but as you can see its crap

http://imgur.com/a/NAK34

What speeds do people get? Even on other networks as an idea

Are you sure your on the right top up offer. Not sure but you need to top up minimum 20/30e a month to avail of 4g with meteor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

On vodafone and on 4g+ am getting

D: 85
    U:10

In rural location in cork

Was previously getting with TM

D: 10
    U: 2

Have mifi device with meteor on 4g

D: 20
    U: 8

physioman wrote:
    Are you sure your on the right top up offer. Not sure but you need to top up minimum 20/30e a month to avail of 4g with meteor?

On that 30 for 20 simplicity deal and under T&C says I've 4G

Comes up on phone as 4G,but the speeds tell a different story

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

On that 30 for 20 simplicity deal and under T&C says I've 4G

Comes up on phone as 4G,but the speeds tell a different story

I'm with Meteor. In and around Galway I generally get 4G. Heading towards Mayo, it'll switch to H+ and won't go to 4G until in a bigger town.

Since I get H+ most of the time, it isn't an issue, but their rural 4G coverage map is BS basically.

MBSnr wrote: »
    I'm with Meteor. In and around Galway I generally get 4G. Heading towards Mayo, it'll switch to H+ and won't go to 4G until in a bigger town.

Since I get H+ most of the time, it isn't an issue, but their rural 4G coverage map is BS basically.

I rememberwhen 2G/E was the norm and thats assuming that wasn't a lie and there actually was data, this was say Bettystown etc, hardly the back of nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

This is mine:

With Vodafone on 4G in Dublin city centre

Download: 13.48
    Upload: 24.09

I tried Meteor and 3 previously and I found Vodafone by far are the most reliable. Meteor was great where I live but patchy around town and 3 was hopeless and as for calls, 3 were constantly dropping calls. Never again would I touch them! :eek:

• Advertisement

So i went into shop, an experience shall we say

From i dunno why support sent you in to here's the sim card, after giving me the impression he was changing it over.

So new card in

In shop
    34-27-20(Old Sim)
    At home
    4-9-28

I'll have to keep an eye on it when i'm out and about

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

This is what i get, with 3 in Co. Clare.

LEY4KZQ.png

http://imgur.com/a/CmaQ9

I'm not far from Bettystown myself and my signal is awful also, I suppose I'm used to it...

Drogheda town is fine and Balbriggan town is also fine...

In ballymount

Mad how fast compared to blanchardstown

Vodafone near Ballymun:

125.27 down, 49.23 up

Advertisement