Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone rooting dublin

Options
  • 21-08-2017 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Are there places in Dublin I can have my phone rooted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭GBX

What phone is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

We could help ya/ do it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 The Omen II

It's a Huawei y5ii. Its already unlocked. Just need it rooted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭biebiebie

XDA Developers is usually the best forum for instructions and help with rooting.

Also have you searched YouTube?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'm not sure any exploits are available for that, remember having a hard time a few years ago trying to root it. Can't imagine the demand has gone up much.

I'll have a look for you though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Might be useful to know why you need to root it? There might be other fixes for what you want to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 The Omen II

I tried kingoroot but with no luck. I want to change the mac and ip address frequently. ALso want to uninstall some programs I dont need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Not sure if this helps, but you can use a vpn to fake your ip and you might be able to also change your mac address with out rooting.
    I use a vpn all the time, but I havent tried changing my mac address on my phone.

https://www.techpluto.com/how-to-temporarily-change-android-mac-address-without-rooting/

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I tried kingoroot but with no luck. I want to change the mac and ip address frequently. ALso want to uninstall some programs I dont need.

brett-wilson-i-solemnly-swear-i-am-up-to-no-good_a-G-13418067-0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Why do you need to do this?
    Are you trying to bypass router restrictions or something?
    Sounds rather sinister... Possibly this isn't the place to find what your looking for.

Advertisement