Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom refit - recommendations

Options
  • 21-08-2017 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭

Can any one recommend bathroom design/suppliers/fitters? We're looking for a total refit of the bathroom. It's around 8ft x 6ft.

Classic Bathrooms on Longmile are going to measure up and quote. They reckon around €6k (that's before seeing it).

Will give Ripples a shout too, but does anyone have any specific recommendations and what prices are like these days?

House is in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

I wont know the answer either way (im interested to know though), but someone that has potential to know will need more info...
    Depends on lots of things.

is there a bath? just a shower tray? are they tiling the entire surface of the walls? What type of sanitary ware

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

At the moment, there's a shower tray. It looks like they replaced a bath with an accessible shower. We'll be putting a bath back in. The whole room will be tiled.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

You should calculate your materials costs first to work out how much they are charging for fitting
    e.g. you have about 19 sqm of wall tiles. A conservative price for an average wall tile is 25/sqm (you can get chepaer, you can get dearer...depends)

So thats 19*25 = 475

Floor tiles - you need about 4 sqm (prob less since you have a bath going in) - say you allow 35/sqm for these

4*35 = 140

New bath - 200
    shower screen over bath - 100
    Bath taps - 100

Toilet - 200
    sink - 150
    sink taps 80

Fixtures/fittings for tiles (beading/grout/sub floor) - 150
    plumbing fixtures/fittings - 200

So there's your basics, and it comes to €1800 for materials.

You may want a vanity unit, shower unit, mirror, medicine cabinet fitted on top of that.
    Edit: I forgot to factor in disposing of your old stuff (small skips worth)

The prices i've put are middle of the road - e.g. you can get full bathroom suites for €329 online... http://www.bathroomfactorystore.com/special-offers - including taps!! Also you can get tiles cheaper too.
    Obviously you can go the other way and get expensive sanitaryware/tiles/taps etc

In the case I've given, they are charging 4k to fit it. But you would need to know what you are getting, hardware wise, to do a proper calculation/comparison.

It might seem expensive but I'd say its probably the going rate for those type of places.

My advice would be shop around to get a good price. And whoever you decide on, make sure you see examples of their previous work.

Advertisement