Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me please?

Options
  • 21-08-2017 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

So it's official, I have enough points for my course in UL but I did not meet my maths requirement. I have chosen to take the special maths exam that UL offer but it says on the accommodation email from UL that those who are awaiting results of the maths exam are not deemed to have been offered a UL course in round one and will therefore have their application for UL accommodation cancelled.

I have other UL courses on my CAO form further down that I do meet the requirements for. Does anybody know if I accept one of these courses in round one and then if I am successful in the maths exam, accept my first choice in round 2, will I still be considered for accommodation in UL?

I have reached out to people working in UL but have not gotten a response so if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

nsona wrote: »
    Does anybody know if I accept one of these courses in round one and then if I am successful in the maths exam, accept my first choice in round 2, will I still be considered for accommodation in UL?
    It sounds like it, IF you are accepting a UL course anyway, but I can't say I KNOW that from experience, it just seems logical to me.

Remember though that you can only accept the course you are offered, not ones "further down" the list.

Have a read of the CAO thread at the top of the forum. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nsona

Don't worry I have read it thoroughly but not even the CAO handbook can answer my question 😭 my second choice is a UL course which i should be offered tomorrow, so hopefully if I accept that then I can move on with my accommodation and still accept my second choice later on while holding the accommodation

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

... my second choice is a UL course which i should be offered tomorrow...
    Ah, that's all right, it was the phrase "further down the list" was worrying me! ;)

Every year there are people who think they can choose any course off their list they have the points for!

I can't give you a guarantee, but I'd put a fiver on you being ok so. I wouldn't mention the maths exam to the accom people at all, in case you just confuse them ... you're accepting a UL course, that's all they need to know.

If you change UL course next week, so what, you still will be taking up your accom offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nsona

... my second choice is a UL course which i should be offered tomorrow...
    Ah, that's all right, it was the phrase "further down the list" was worrying me! ;)

Every year there are people who think they can choose any course off their list they have the points for!

I can't give you a guarantee, but I'd put a fiver on you being ok so. I wouldn't mention the maths exam to the accom people at all, in case you just confuse them ... you're accepting a UL course, that's all they need to know.

If you change UL course next week, so what, you still will be taking up your accom offer.

I did mean that the other UL courses are under my first choice which is the UL course im sitting the maths exam for, thanks for looking out for me, I was really confused for a couple days after getting my results!

Thanks so much for your advice, I guess I just have to wait and see but I think I'll go ahead with it anyway, I wouldn't even mind my second choice!

Advertisement