Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Politics and Society

Options
  • 21-08-2017 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Is anyone doing the new politics and society course for the leaving cert? I have a strong interest in politics and I'm wondering is it doable for the leaving cert as an extra subject by yourself? Is it just CSPE in more depth? Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Is anyone doing the new politics and society course for the leaving cert? I have a strong interest in politics and I'm wondering is it doable for the leaving cert as an extra subject by yourself? Is it just CSPE in more depth? Thank you!

https://www.examinations.ie/?l=en&mc=ex&sc=ps

It's only available for the 41 schools that are trialling it. On top of that there's a 20% project which means you'd need a teacher to sign off on it so it wouldn't really be suitable to do on your own. Also from a quick look at the syllabus, it's quite different to CSPE and tbh seems much harder (as you'd obviously expect).

Advertisement