Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving certificate: Accounting or Business Studies?

Options
  • 20-08-2017 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hello everyone,

I'm going into fifth year and have already made my arrangements in regards to subject choice. I have chosen german, economics, politics and society and history - all of which I received A's/B's in my junior certificate.

However, all of those subjects won't be enough to get my required points for my desired college course, and I was thinking of taking up a subject outside of school (Assuming I would have to get a grind or learn it in an after school study department). I got an A in business in the junior certificate, so I feel comfortable with all business subjects.

I was looking for recommendations wether I should choose business or accounting to receive external teachings? And how would I go about receiving these classes?

Any feedback is greatly appreciate.

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Do you not do English and Maths?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Cassidy3

spurious wrote: »
    Do you not do English and Maths?

I do but I would get higher grades in one of the subjects listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭DubCount

In my view, Accountancy seems to suit people who are better at Maths. That Maths involved within Accountancy is not any way difficult, but in my view the subject suits people who are naturally better at maths. Business studies involves more discussion type questions and so someone who is naturally good at English has an advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 alexandrrax7

Business.It is really hard to get an A in but at least you can study it at home. For example, it is impossible for me to take Accounting and study it myself.

Any idea what you would like to do after school?

Accounting should have standard problems and solutions you can work through in your own time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Cassidy3

Any idea what you would like to do after school?

Accounting should have standard problems and solutions you can work through in your own time.

Thanks lads, and I hope to study law and German... any recommendations for my approach to these two subjects, advice on grinds etc.?

Advertisement