Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled Land Books - Colour Codes

Options
  • 20-08-2017 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

I came across the below info on another website regarding the land books. I did not know that each year/review was colour coded. (I knew a revision was given a different colour)

Can someone point me to better info regarding this or provide the colour code for the years?

"Each annual round of revisions was allocated a coloured ink code. For example, when I look at the revision book for Curragh, in Co Cork, where my paternal family lived, I can see that all revisions for 1915 were noted in purple ink, those for 1921 were recorded in red ink, and those for 1929 in green . Although the dates are recorded, the colour coding helps to maintain some level of legibility over many years."

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

There are 5 colours, each representing 2 years in the decade.

Years ending in 0 and 5 - purple
    1 & 6 - red
    2 & 7 - blue
    3 & 8 - magenta
    4 & 9 - green

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭hblock21

I had no idea. Thank you!

Advertisement