Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about replacing phone and SIM

Options
  • 20-08-2017 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

My phone got stolen on Friday. I rang Vodafone and they blocked the phone from being used (from what I understand).
    Something I'm wondering about though is that when I ring the number from the landline, it goes to voicemail. Does this mean that if people can leave voicemail, will I get any missed calls / texts when I get a new phone set up?

Some questions then about buying new phone and SIM -

I want to continue with prepay. Can I buy a phone and SIM separately, or would this be hassle to set up?
    How much does a SIM cost on its own? Is there a different SIM for prepay and billpay?
    Would it cost less to buy the SIM at same time as the phone from the same supplier? (most likely going to stay with Vodafone)

What is the process for setting up the SIM with the same number?

Hope that's not too many questions. Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

eleventh wrote: »
    My phone got stolen on Friday. I rang Vodafone and they blocked the phone from being used (from what I understand).
    Something I'm wondering about though is that when I ring the number from the landline, it goes to voicemail. Does this mean that if people can leave voicemail, will I get any missed calls / texts when I get a new phone set up?

I want to continue with prepay. Can I buy a phone and SIM separately, or would this be hassle to set up?
    How much does a SIM cost on its own? Is there a different SIM for prepay and billpay?
    Would it cost less to buy the SIM at same time as the phone from the same supplier? (most likely going to stay with Vodafone)

Hope that's not too many questions. Thanks for any replies.

No hassle at all.
    Replacement sims are usually free so you will get your number back, along with any remaining credit.
    Would it cost less to buy the SIM at same time as the phone from the same supplier? (most likely going to stay with Vodafone)Get your replacement sim from Vodafone and then port away from them if you decide to later. What phones are you looking at?

Just go instore and ask for a replacement sim. Bring ID. Hopefully when you called to get the phone barred they only barred the phone and not the sim. I think there can be a wait ti get the sim unbarred if you want to use it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

As above:
    1. Vodafone replace SIM
    2. Buy handset
    3. Port number to another network if desired

PS: I wouldn't block a phone for a day or two unless you are 100% recovery is impossible and that it was definitely stolen not taken by mistake as once its done, its done.

Advertisement