Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software development QQI 6

Options
  • 20-08-2017 5:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    I plan on doing a QQI 5 computer programming course before I do the QQI 6 in software development And was just wondering what kind of job I'd be able to get a job with those current degrees and or continue college
    I'm very anxious to start these course and I am hoping to pursue a job afterwards !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

To be honest, very few software jobs would hire you with "just" a Level 6 qualification. You would need a Level 8 at a minimum, and ideally, some professional certificates.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It depends, if you are brilliant and really in to it and know your stuff inside out then no matter what qualification you have you will get jobs if not then do the full level 8 degree and do nixers and get stuff on your cv in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

From my conversations in this area a level 8 or 9 will keep your CV in the mix for entry / Jr level positions.
    Your Github profile / commits and portfolio will get you to interview stage.

If you are totally inexperienced at programming do the level 5 and 6 - if you are relatively computer savvy then just go to the level 8.
    What languages are on the 5 and 6?

Advertisement