Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The toilet paper/sandwich thread

Options
  • 19-08-2017 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭

I'm in a very giddy humour and suddenly remembered a thread from After Hours some years back .

The topic was to do with toilet roll and a poster told a tale of being caught short in a field and having to use the slices of bread from his sandwich as a toilet roll substitute.

I remember this story (and in fact the thread) had me giggling for ages, but despite my best efforts I can't find it.

Does anyone remember it or am I out of luck?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Why do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Your Face wrote: »
    Why do this?

Because I want to find it and I can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Obviously I have more access to AH than normal people and I'm drawing a blank on a search. Can you narrow it down anymore at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

fussyonion wrote: »
    Because I want to find it and I can't.

Let the meomeries be.
    It's over.

Conspectus wrote: »
    Obviously I have more access to AH than normal people and I'm drawing a blank on a search. Can you narrow it down anymore at all.

The OP's name began with a D, I think.

• Advertisement

Your Face wrote: »
    Let the meomeries be.
    It's over.

I fear you're probably right.
    Ah twas funny though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

A shïte sandwich ?...or as the rest of us refer to it... Subway

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭alberto67

fussyonion wrote: »
    I'm in a very giddy humour and suddenly remembered a thread from After Hours some years back .

The topic was to do with toilet roll and a poster told a tale of being caught short in a field and having to use the slices of bread from his sandwich as a toilet roll substitute.

I remember this story (and in fact the thread) had me giggling for ages, but despite my best efforts I can't find it.

Does anyone remember it or am I out of luck?

The good aul' Nutella sandwich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Conspectus wrote: »

Normal being the operative word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I was being nice. We all know everyone here is the biggest bunch of weirdo's on this fair Isle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭alberto67

Grumpy Pumpy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

In a field someone can take the time to remove a slice of bread from a sandwich but not reach down and pull a fistfull of grass?

or just drop on the ground and pull yourself along by your heels...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

In a field someone can take the time to remove a slice of bread from a sandwich but not reach down and pull a fistfull of grass?

or just drop on the ground and pull yourself along by your heels...

You're assuming it was a field full of grass.

Maybe it was a field full of nettles? Or a field full of broken glass?

Hell, considering this is a tale about arse wiping with bread from sangers, this field could have been under the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Rick Shaw wrote: »
    You're assuming it was a field full of grass.

Maybe it was a field full of nettles? Or a field full of broken glass?

Hell, considering this is a tale about arse wiping with bread from sangers, this field could have been under the sea.

Given your username it could have been a paddy field...

Only an exhibitionist would go into the middle of a field and every field has a headland, grass grows on the headland......et al...

Sponge bob wouldn't be to enamoured with your final scenario .....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Old Mr Brennan would be spinning in his grave if he knew...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

The key question about poo of any variety...

"Much scutter?"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Search "fluttering bantam"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Who was that person in the stingy person thread or something who had a load of people ****ting themselves at a wedding or something? That was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Who was that person in the stingy person thread or something who had a load of people ****ting themselves at a wedding or something? That was funny.

I think it was the thread about self entitled things you've seen people do, and it was PandaPoo, don't know why that's stuck in my mind, I've definitely been lurking AH too long :D

Ah it's no good, I've searched with all the key words I can think of but it's nowhere to be found.

It wasn't as gross as it all sounds; it was a very amusing thread altogether.

I think it started off being about toilet roll and then it turned into being caught out or something and then the gem re: the bread.
    Ah, look, it's just a distant memory now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement