Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carbs

Options
  • 19-08-2017 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

I have a 1977 Honda 400/4 on which I removed and cleaned the carbs and fitted new jets I need the carbs to be tuned does anyone know where I can have it done.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,140 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Any decent mechanic will be able to balance them. Where are you based?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭tri50072

I have balanced them with a Vacuum set. What I need is someone to adjust the Fuel/ Air mixture I am in Dublin Northside.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,282 ✭✭✭✭blade1

tri50072 wrote: »
    I have balanced them with a Vacuum set. What I need is someone to adjust the Fuel/ Air mixture I am in Dublin Northside.

Would u not chance if yourself?
    More air means running leaner.
    Colour of your spark plug will tell you if you're too lean or rich.

I have a colortune maybe I will try that Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

A very good tool for checking the cylinders relative to each other is an infrared non-contact thermometer, check the individual headers and you will see the temps for each exhaust outlet.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all lads I met a guy with a similar bike who gave me the name of the guy who tuned his bike.

Advertisement