Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A6 2015 reversing

Options
  • 19-08-2017 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place for this question.

An 151 Audi A6 reversed into my car this evening, I wasn't even in my car at the time, the wifey who was driving came into the shop to find me, which was good so I have the details. What I'm curious about is that as far as I can tell a parking system is standard on these cars, as I have it on mine I know you can't miss the fact that you are getting close to object, so how did the driver not know they were approaching my vehicle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

People are dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,407 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I think you can disable it, perhaps they did that?

Also some people are thick, same people who have dual climate control in their car would open the windows to cool the car down on a hot day rather than turn on the Auric Goldfinger financed climate control.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It has a visual warning on the dashboard infotainment screen as well as a vocal warning as you get closer to an object. Most likely it was ignored the same way people ignore warning lights on the dashboard despite it being lit up like a Christmas tree or the system had a fault. Expensive lesson for them now all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭californiabear

You can turn the alert sound off on the dash of the A6 - defeats the purpose of its existence of course. Or perhaps the driver reversed quickly and didn't manage to stop when they heard the alert sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Does the sensor activate on selecting reverse or is it always on? On my car the sensors are always active but my Sister's car comes on with reverse. If it's always on someone might have turned it off because people walking across the road will trigger it.

Not that having it on or off makes any difference since you should still be using your mirrors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭californiabear

Del2005 wrote: »
    Does the sensor activate on selecting reverse or is it always on? On my car the sensors are always active but my Sister's car comes on with reverse. If it's always on someone might have turned it off because people walking across the road will trigger it.

My A6 is 2014 and the sensor activates when you select reverse

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

Yes the A6 Activates the sensors when you select reverse, id say he reversed to fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

SBPhoto wrote: »
    Yes the A6 Activates the sensors when you select reverse, id say he reversed to fast.

she probably had screaming kids in the car..my car has both audio and visual and even I find it hard to concentrate while trying to reverse and watch the cues..therefore the following rule was implemented...stfu while I reverse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

I have parking sensors and I backed into a pile of gravel once.

People are stupid.

I am a people!

Advertisement