Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HBK : Dublin - 15th January 2018?

Options
  • 18-08-2017 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭

Just saw the attached on Faceache, can't find any additional details. Anyone heard anything on It?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Please delete this mods, duplicate thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Cant see a duplicate thread. I wonder how much hes chargin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

It's an inside the ropes event who are legit because they done a UK tour with Goldberg last year. FB says it's on in Vicar St with tickets on sale on September 1st with prices been announced Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 37,906 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Might go but are these events worth the money/travel time ???

A chance too see one of the all time legends in the flesh

http://itrlive.co.uk/pricing/

UK Prices but i imagine Dublin prices will be similar. VIP ones a bit pricey

• Advertisement

Tickets go onsale Friday 1st September, 9am on Ticketmaster.ie

Pricing info:
    General Admission €34 SHOW ONLY

VIP €98
    includes: meet & greet (5pm), 1 autograph on any item, 1 professional digital photo (can be printed on the day for an additional fee)

Showstopper VIP Package €140 (limited to 10 people!)
    includes: front row seat, meet & greet (4.30pm approx), 2 autograph on any items, 1 professional printed photo with Shawn Michaels, official tour poster, official tour Tshirt

The SHOWSTOPPER Package is 4.30pm – 5pm (approx). Any admittance after this time may be subject to being denied entry to the Meet and Greet. The VIP package will run from 5pm-7pm (approx). The last entry for Regular VIP is 6pm, admittance may be denied if your arrival to the venue is later than this. The promoter reserves all rights and can refuse entry if you fail to comply with the stated times.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Might go but are these events worth the money/travel time ???

A chance too see one of the all time legends in the flesh

There's being so many shoot interviews and dvds about every wrestlers nowadays that there's not much more to tell plus I doubt he would say anything controversial but if you're a big fan of his I'd say it could be his only Irish show for a while if ever, Scott Hall is also doing a Q & A show in Cork later this month 30th of September

bite the bullet and bought a ticket to this

obv he will say the same things hes siad prev on DVDS/Shoot interviews etc but be good to see him in person in such a small venue

been years since i was in Vicar street but ill be in Dublin at 3.30pm so have enough time to find it. Any nice pubs around it

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

bite the bullet and bought a ticket to this

obv he will say the same things hes siad prev on DVDS/Shoot interviews etc but be good to see him in person in such a small venue

been years since i was in Vicar street but ill be in Dublin at 3.30pm so have enough time to find it. Any nice pubs around it

Right across the street.. The Thomas House great spot

Uncle Walt wrote: »
    Right across the street.. The Thomas House great spot

I'll try there id say

hopefully my AJ Styles hoodie will be here in time

• Advertisement

Heading to this tomorrow

getting the bus up and will prob be in Dublin around 3.30pm-4pm. Am i better getting off at Heuston or Bus aras for Vicar Street ???

any decent and friendly pubs around the venue ???

The talk itself will prob be BS but you only live once and i might never get another chance to see Shawn in person. BTW according to Twitter he's safe and sound in Dublin now

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Heading to this tomorrow

getting the bus up and will prob be in Dublin around 3.30pm-4pm. Am i better getting off at Heuston or Bus aras for Vicar Street ???

any decent and friendly pubs around the venue ???

The talk itself will prob be BS but you only live once and i might never get another chance to see Shawn in person. BTW according to Twitter he's safe and sound in Dublin now

Def Heuston station , Its about a 10 - 15 min walk from Heuston , Just walk up the hill (along the luas line) and turn left and keep walking and you will see it on the right hand side of the road

Def Heuston station , Its about a 10 - 15 min walk from Heuston , Just walk up the hill (along the luas line) and turn left and keep walking and you will see it on the right hand side of the road

ah yeah I took that route to the Guinness factory once

now any good pubs around that area ???

domt really knw what to expect 2morrow at the show tbh

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

ah yeah I took that route to the Guinness factory once

now any good pubs around that area ???

domt really knw what to expect 2morrow at the show tbh

Thomas House is just across the road from Vicar St

hope tonight is good

getting the 3pm bus up from Waterford

doors at 7.30pm

Vicar Street is a very intimate place

looking forward to this now

decent enough night but didnt talk much about matches,kliq etc

even joked himself about it being a bit tame lol

overall cool to see him in person, everyone was in good form and the presenter Siad we might get future shows Goldberg, Sting, Paul Heyman

I wonder would guys like Taker, Triple H (although hes pretty busy with company matters) etc do events like these

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Was there a big turnout?

Was there a big turnout?

they said there was over 1000 people there

all the seats were sold out and a few people standing on the balconys too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Really enjoyed it. presenter guy did his best to keep the conversation away from the usual questions people would ask re: the screwjob, etc.
    Shawn was never gona throw anybody under the bus at this point in his career so there wasn't any dirt dished or anything like that but I loved the story about how the last match with Taker came about. Hadn't heard that before. Meet and greet was very well handled aswell

• Advertisement

Really enjoyed it. presenter guy did his best to keep the conversation away from the usual questions people would ask re: the screwjob, etc.
    Shawn was never gona throw anybody under the bus at this point in his career so there wasn't any dirt dished or anything like that but I loved the story about how the last match with Taker came about. Hadn't heard that before. Meet and greet was very well handled aswell

yeah loved the taker story and how taker found out like the rest of us watching the slammys on TV lol. Liked the Intercon title story too when he got suspended while he was champ and Razor Ramon went on to win the vacated title and Michaels refused to give it back

never listened to Inside the ropes podcast but will be In the future, he's a good presenter

I'd imagine Paul Heyman and maybe Goldberg, Broken Matt shows would sell out here but would there be bit demand for guys like Sting and other legends. Id go to a Stone Cold or Triple H show in a flash

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭sixfingered

Me and the lads I went with all found it very disappointing.

Didn't expect anyone to be thrown under the bus but we had hoped for more behind the stories and fun around matches. Bar the ladder match, his comeback match and the retirement match we got very little of it.

Considering he's won two Rumbles, was in the first ever Hell in a Cell, was involved in the first Tyson angle etc, there were loads of areas left out.

It was a standard run through of his career chronologically that I'd say if you weren't a fan for large parts (or any) of HBK's two runs, there wasn't anything you wouldn't have already been aware of in my opinion.

Agree the presenter did well to not go down the route of Montreal/one more match etc but overall it was a major let down for us.

One of the lads near us on the way out summed it up well for me, he said if it was a podcast it would be a grand listen but you wouldn't recommend it to a mate or anything like that.

I'd still be interested in Heyman (cos he's always great value and not afraid to speak his mind) or Sting (cos I'm a lifelong fan) but would be very wary of going again.

Me and the lads I went with all found it very disappointing.

Didn't expect anyone to be thrown under the bus but we had hoped for more behind the stories and fun around matches. Bar the ladder match, his comeback match and the retirement match we got very little of it.

Considering he's won two Rumbles, was in the first ever Hell in a Cell, was involved in the first Tyson angle etc, there were loads of areas left out.

It was a standard run through of his career chronologically that I'd say if you weren't a fan for large parts (or any) of HBK's two runs, there wasn't anything you wouldn't have already been aware of in my opinion.

Agree the presenter did well to not go down the route of Montreal/one more match etc but overall it was a major let down for us.

One of the lads near us on the way out summed it up well for me, he said if it was a podcast it would be a grand listen but you wouldn't recommend it to a mate or anything like that.

I'd still be interested in Heyman (cos he's always great value and not afraid to speak his mind) or Sting (cos I'm a lifelong fan) but would be very wary of going again.

it was a great feeling seeing Shawn in person cause i grew up watching him and never seen him at an wwe event (went to the taker night in 2009 instead of the DX one)

Id go again but really depends on who it is, Not into Paul Heyman but id go to a Sting (has to be in his makeup though lol) or a Goldberg one. Id love a Stone Cold one. Dont think Undertaker would do one of these tbh

WWE - Shawn Michaels: My Journey [DVD] https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003GTR25I/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_apa_HR-xAbPA0KWSX

this is a good DVD featuring interviews with Shawn about major matches in his career

one thing I only remembered watching back footage was the awesome heel HBK promo in Monteral in 2005 where he ripped shreds out of the crowd and got them to fake Bret Hart return

https://youtu.be/kgW2G5QoHFY

Advertisement