Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing mobile home gas cooker

Options
  • 18-08-2017 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭

I have a mobile home with an Spinflo Enigma 600 gas cooker that’s on its last legs. It’s running off a propane bottle. Is there any reason I can’t replace it with a regular domestic gas cooker (configured for bottled gas) instead of a “leisure” cooker that seems to cost a fortune?

The current cooker is 600mm wide, so space isn’t an issue. The current cooker has ventilation space below it, whereas from what I can see, a domestic cooker would sit straight on the floor.

Comments

The hobs are screwed together on a camper job and it's designed to be vibration resistant. I've seen people use domestic ones standing on cut stone with success they just pack their ceramics away every journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

This is a mobile home that isn’t moving until it gets torn apart by Atlantic storms, so I guess I’m ok on that front. Thanks.

Advertisement