Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importance of Android Updates

Options
  • 18-08-2017 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of buying the One Plus 2 but I've heard there will be no further Android updates pushed to it.

Is this a major issue?

Looking for a phone in the region of 200-300 with a great camera, good battery, USB C.

Thanks!

Comments

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm thinking of buying the One Plus 2 but I've heard there will be no further Android updates pushed to it.

Is this a major issue?

Looking for a phone in the region of 200-300 with a great camera, good battery, USB C.

Thanks!

OP2 is the one with no NFC, right? That would mean android pay wouldn't work either, I assume.

Android updates aren't hugely important, but there are way better options out there for the money, that already run the latest Nougat software. Check out the thread on best sub 300 device.

Edit: Link here

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

OP2 doesn't make much sense now, id go for a second hand 3(non T) maybe, or as linked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

ED E wrote: »
    OP2 doesn't make much sense now, id go for a second hand 3(non T) maybe, or as linked.

True. The LG V20 in that thread is a bit over budget and meant to not have a great camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭leche solara

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    True. The LG V20 in that thread is a bit over budget and meant to not have a great camera.

LG V20 has come down in price as V30 is imminent and has a very good camera. Manual controls and save to Raw.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Urgh, would not recommend the 2. Get a 3/3T.

• Advertisement

MarkR wrote: »
    Urgh, would not recommend the 2. Get a 3/3T.

But 3 or 3T is about 400+.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

I have the OP2, bought new only about 4 weeks ago. Great phone. It's regularly prompting me to update oxygen but I haven't. No issues.. So there..

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    I have the OP2, bought new only about 4 weeks ago. Great phone. It's regularly prompting me to update oxygen but I haven't. No issues.. So there..

So if you never bother to update it, you can say it has updates forever? :confused:

Why haven't you updated it?!

Also has anyone used eglobal?

Pheonix10 wrote:
    Why haven't you updated it?!

Pheonix10 wrote:
    Also has anyone used eglobal?

Had OPO, updates caused it issues.. Mic, etc. I bought from eglobalcentral.eu..

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote:
    So if you never bother to update it, you can say it has updates forever?

I have no idea, but I'd suspect not.

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    Had OPO, updates caused it issues.. Mic, etc. I bought from eglobalcentral.eu..

Thinking of going for the LG V20 over the OP2. Any issues with eglobal? Long delivery?

No issues buying.. Approx 5 days for delivery by courier. Only hitch is a non Ireland charger comes but they provide the adaptor in the package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Like any manufacturer, the updates will last for only so long until they pull the pin.. I've had no reason to update the OP2. If it starts acting the maggott, I will update but I'm happy with its performance now and I'd be a pretty heavy user..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Plus the OP2 ran with the snapdragon 810 processor. And we all know what that's like..

You can fry an egg on it.

Honestly lads, the OPO got hotter than my OP2 ever has..

Advertisement