Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McGregor Vs Mayweather

Options
  • 18-08-2017 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hiya,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea if the fight is being aired anywhere in the city/surrounding areas? I know Sin nightclub is showing it, but I'd rather not have to actually go on a night out.

It's looking like I'll have to stream it, but you know yourself the more people on the servers the slower its going to go.

Any info is appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

NicolaBG wrote: »
    Hiya,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea if the fight is being aired anywhere in the city/surrounding areas? I know Sin nightclub is showing it, but I'd rather not have to actually go on a night out.

It's looking like I'll have to stream it, but you know yourself the more people on the servers the slower its going to go.

If only there was some way you could pay to watch the fight in perfect quality....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

I think Vue cinema in Liffey Valley are showing it...

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/ufc/vue-liffey-valley-mayweather-mcgregor-11005306

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Buy PPV access, even club together with others and split the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

NicolaBG wrote: »
    Hiya,

It's only 25 quid, and you can stream it legally to a laptop from NowTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NicolaBG

I just saw the cinema in Liffey Valley is showing it so I've booked it there, thanks!

As for NowTv, I spoke to them on their online chat and asked could I pay for that and pay to watch the fight through the SKY Sports app, but they told me as of now they haven't confirmed if its possible yet as its only available on Sky Red or something? You need to actually have Sky installed at home apparently.

Thanks for the info!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Save your money, it will be a farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NicolaBG

If only there was some way you could pay to watch the fight in perfect quality....
    I never said I wasn't willing to pay, the apartment I live in just doesn't have Sky and myself & roommate aren't willing to get it for the sake of one night. I'm happy to pay to watch it elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

• Registered Users Posts: 5 boxing2017

Try the Woolshed

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Usjes

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Sin NightClub in Temple Bar

There'll be more places but that's it (officially) for now ..........

Sin NightClub is sold out
    Liffey Vally is sold out
    Krystle is Cancelled ??
    Bluebell is €50 !!

So, is there anywhere else in Dublin City showing it ?

• Advertisement

Usjes wrote: »
    Sin NightClub is sold out
    Liffey Vally is sold out
    Krystle is Cancelled ??
    Bluebell is €50 !!

So, is there anywhere else in Dublin City showing it ?

Sin is sold out now, not when I posted.

Liffey Valley is sold out now, not when I posted.

Krystle is "cancelled" now, not when I posted. (It's actually still happening by invite, ie. those who enquired and booked early!)

Bluebell is €50 with an open bar from 11pm, ie. free drink which will more than cover the €50.

To be honest, you're leaving it a bit late .......... now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,206 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Bluebell is €50 with an open bar from 11pm, ie. free drink which will more than cover the €50.
    To be honest, you're leaving it a bit late .......... now. :)

Free bar from 11... fight at 5am or so... thats some stamina test for all parties!

They should give out medals to those still standing at the end of the fight.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I saw somewhere Tamangos in Portmarnock is showing it.
    I think the Wright venue is too?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I think the Wright venue is too?

Cancelled now afaik

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Free bar from 11... fight at 5am or so... thats some stamina test for all parties!

They should give out medals to those still standing at the end of the fight.

I'll collect my medal at 6am so! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Usjes

There'll be more place s but that's it (officially) for now ..........

> There'll be more places but that's it (officially) for now
    > There'll be more places
    > more places

Right, enough of the nonsense, this is getting time-critical, where is it on in Dublin, and note, for the geographically challenged, Dublin means between the canals or at a stretch inside the M50, everything else is technically 'The Bog O' Allen'.

Usjes.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Looks like a few bars are cancelling...are they being told they're not allowed stay open for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Unclebumble

Looks like a few bars are cancelling...are they being told they're not allowed stay open for it?

It's illegal for a bar/pub/nightclub to be open after 3am and have people on the premises.
    No exemptions - anywhere that is doing so is illegal and can be raided by Gardai and closed down.

Vue cinema is different as not a licensed premises and once not serving after that time in its bar then people are grand to be in cinema watching fight.

Gardai were around a number of places I know checking that premises weren't going to show fight.

Reason for late cancellations of Wright Venue, Krsytle etc etc was that they were going to show it but were warned not to by Gardai. (Who are just doing their job)

The law is stupid - needs to be changed!

It's illegal for a bar/pub/nightclub to be open after 3am and have people on the premises.
    No exemptions - anywhere that is doing so is illegal and can be raided by Gardai and closed down.

Vue cinema is different as not a licensed premises and once not serving after that time in its bar then people are grand to be in cinema watching fight.

Gardai were around a number of places I know checking that premises weren't going to show fight.

Reason for late cancellations of Wright Venue, Krsytle etc etc was that they were going to show it but were warned not to by Gardai. (Who are just doing their job)

The law is stupid - needs to be changed!

Sin NightClub showed the Fight ........

Advertisement