Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending leaving cert papers to be rechecked

Options
  • 17-08-2017 9:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭

I got 239 points in the leaving cert, H8 in physics and chemistry, 07 in Irish, H6 in maths and French, H5 in English and H4 in History, meaning I only passed 4 subjects, is there any possibly that I can recheck and send out my papers for chemistry and physics and irish and get a change in grade to a pass for any or all the subjects, or are the chances of this happening really slim. Since if I just pass another subject I would be able to apply for a level 7, or best possible scenario would be if I passed Physics and Chemistry if they got an increase, that would mean that I would have 321 points and would be able to get an offer for a level 8 in dkit, is this just wishful thinking or is there a fairly favourable chance this could happen, since I do not want to spend another could of hundred euro on 3 scripts if the chances of a change are very slim

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Same advice we give everyone here:

1. Arrange to view your scripts

2. Arrange for your teacher / another teacher of the subject to go through the scripts with you (preferably a teacher who is an experienced corrector at LC level). They will have a far better idea than you will whether it's worth appealing.

(Don't just assume that your teachers will be there on the day at the time you wander in, they have lives too. Contact them in advance and ask them / arrange a time which they can make. You may need to do this through the school.)

Just to pre-empt questions ... click

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭Dwellerstew

I'm not going to meet with my teacher, I'm just going to send the out without even looking, there's no point, and you didn't answer my question, is there a fair chance of getting an increase in grading, generally speaking or are the chances slim for the average person that sends them out

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I'm not going to meet with my teacher, I'm just going to send the out without even looking, there's no point, and you didn't answer my question, is there a fair chance of getting an increase in grading, generally speaking or are the chances slim for the average person that sends them out

Seriously, for somebody on a second chance here, you're being kinda snappy with people who are bothering to take the time to respond to your questions.

You've been given good advice, from people who know what they're talking about. Maybe think about a slight attitude adjustment, before they decide you're not worth bothering with?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

You can also go down a grade so it is advisable to view them with an experienced teacher. Also I believe there is a cost to recheck so best see if its worth it first.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

And I told you the only way you can judge that, but again, it doesn't suit you!

No-one can tell you whether you have a fair chance of being upgraded or not without someone who knows what they're doing looking at your scripts!

If we could see into the future we'd all be millionaires from betting on the horses!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement