Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the kitchen business booming?

Options
  • 17-08-2017 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

I've now went to 5 kitchen showrooms in the Fermanagh/cavan area over the past 2 months. I cannot get a price for a new kitchen from any of them. I have even brought a design with full measurements and have only asked for cost of materials and their cost for fitting. They say they will get back, I ring and its always the same.

Is the kitchen business so good they can choose to turn down what I assume is a 15k+ job? We are trying to get the contemporary look with high gloss and drawers instead of cupboards, is this the problem?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

spodoinkle wrote: »
    We are trying to get the contemporary look with high gloss and drawers instead of cupboards, is this the problem?

I can't see why high gloss and drawers would be an issue.

I assume most of your units would be standard cabinet sizes with 2 or 3 drawers and as they're a good bit more expensive than a vanilla door/drawer line cabinet of the same size you'd expect any reasonable kitchen company to be falling over themselves for the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Handsandtools

I recommend company in Carlow, great options and manufactured here locally.
    PM for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

Graham wrote: »
    spodoinkle wrote: »
    We are trying to get the contemporary look with high gloss and drawers instead of cupboards, is this the problem?

I can't see why high gloss and drawers would be an issue.

I assume most of your units would be standard cabinet sizes with 2 or 3 drawers and as they're a good bit more expensive than a vanilla door/drawer line cabinet of the same size you'd expect any reasonable kitchen company to be falling over themselves for the business.

Yeah it's very strange, its a standard design with an island, if we were asking for them to design it, I would understand a certain delay in getting back to us

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Handsandtools

Do you have a picture of design?

Advertisement