Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Essex (i.e. TOWIE) accent in the media?

Options
  • 17-08-2017 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

'Oo do you fink as deh wehst Essex accent on the tayvay, the raahhydiaayh, or in the maydiah?

Translation: Who do you think has the worst Essex accent on the TV, the radio, or the media?

I love (to hate) a fake cockney Essex accent! Kind of like the D4 one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Can't think of any

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Hey everyone,

'Oo do you fink as deh wehst Essex accent on the tayvay, the raahhydiaayh, or in the maydiah?

Translation: Who do you think has the worst Essex accent on the TV, the radio, or the media?

I love (to hate) a fake cockney Essex accent! Kind of like the D4 one.

Less reality TV; more geography.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,299 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The one's out of Birds of a feather!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Jodie Marsh. If she's still considered to be famous, that is. Remember seeing an interview with her and she was only a few fag-soaked notes away from a Fraaaaank Butcher impression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Watching a repeat of 'Great British Bake Off' during the week and that Jo woman from the second series definitely qualifies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Watching a repeat of 'Great British Bake Off' during the week and that Jo woman from the second series definitely qualifies.

Jo Brand or a contestant called Jo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

The Only Answer Is Estuary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Jodie Marsh. If she's still considered to be famous, that is. Remember seeing an interview with her and she was only a few fag-soaked notes away from a Fraaaaank Butcher impression.

I'd stlll ride her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Jo Brand or a contestant called Jo?

Contestant. I think she won that series. She wasn't the best on there by a long shot but she constantly pulled the sob story of how she 'didn't have much', she'd married young and was had 'only ever been a wife and mum'
    Made it sound as though she was just scraping by, living hand to mouth.
    It came out afterwards that she lived in a farmhouse worth more than half a million and her husband was in jail for fraud.
    I remember not liking her all through the series. She really did a number on everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Ryman Clark if I spelt it right is another with that voice, it's an accent that strikes you as really....erm, erudite..

• Advertisement

dd972 wrote: »
    Ryman Clark if I spelt it right is another with that voice, it's an accent that strikes you as really....erm, erudite..

Rylan.

_Dara_ wrote: »
    The Only Answer Is Estuary.

Always thought Estuary was a mix of Cockney & RP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

No idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Gemma Collins. Her accent isn't any different to others but she's an absolutely deplorable excuse for a human being.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Gemma Collins. Her accent isn't any different to others but she's an absolutely deplorable excuse for a human being.

"You ine't evaah gonna get this kendy!"

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Not media but I remember that horrible pregnant women from series two of The Office, as well as her awful personality she had this chalk on a blackboard estuary type accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Not media but I remember that horrible pregnant women from series two of The Office, as well as her awful personality she had this chalk on a blackboard estuary type accent.

Finchy to the rescue on that one!

Advertisement