Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PVC Coated Copper Pipe

Options
  • 17-08-2017 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Lads,

Anyone know where i can pick this up by the mitre ? PVC COATED COPPER PIPE
    I see some spots sell it @25 m rolls but i only need about 6 meters of it for an Oil Tank Move.

Dont need to spend huge money to get lenghts i wont use.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭EHP

Nearly all plumbing suppliers would sell it by the meter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭jack of all

EHP wrote: »
    Nearly all plumbing suppliers would sell it by the meter

I bought it by the meter when I needed to replace an old oil line a couple of years ago- from a proper plumbers merchant.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Make sure to use copper inserts with your compression fittings for 10mm oil line

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

DGOBS wrote: »
    Make sure to use copper inserts with your compression fittings for 10mm oil line

They're like hens teeth. None of the main suppliers around here even heard of them. I had to get them online.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

I know, crazy!! (just shows how many plumbers ask for them!!) I used to use HWOS for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭jack of all

DGOBS wrote: »
    I know, crazy!! (just shows how many plumbers ask for them!!) I used to use HWOS for them

Same experience I had- the merchant I bought from took two out of a fire valve and gave them to me, told me they never stocked them! The lack of inserts on the original line probably explains why the original installation had a tiny weep from the start (over tightened unions).

Advertisement