Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't do it yourself - Back to the Future

Options
  • 17-08-2017 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

So I've a new BenQ 1070+ that (via HDMI) won't project a signal coming from my DVD (Sony DVP-S725D) via the Amp (Sony DA1200ES). I'm getting audio via the speakers connected to the amp so the DVD is playing.

A bigger and more fundamental issue, is that I don't even know where to start to try to hook up a laptop to the amp to watch movie files.

What I'm really after is someone to come out to the house to troubleshoot my set up and explain how a modern set up would work.

I know high end audio shops send people out if you drop €10k in their shop but I can't find any stand alone home cinema set up service. Does such a service exist ? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Hi,

The 1200es will not take an analogue video input and output it through hdmi - it will do hdmi switching only. If you are committed to keeping your DVD player, the best option is to connect the amp to the projector via component video (Red Green and Blue sockets) - the 1200es will up-convert Composite or S-Video to Component, obviously you would also have to connect the DVD audio to the amp.

The alternative route would be to upgrade your system and get a blu ray player - this would simplify your signal chain, as you could go all hdmi, and would give you access to blurry which would greatly improve your experience from the projector, and ( depending on which model you chose) the option of online video - Netflix, for example, or 3D, which the W1080 does very well.

Hope that helps, if it's gobbledygook (!) drop me a PM, I'll go nuts trying type this in more detail !

Ritz.

Advertisement