Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sign a petition - that will sort it out

Options
  • 17-08-2017 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭

What is with every one making a petition these days?
    I see a load of them pop up on my Facebook news feed.

I don't really see the point. These people who set it up sit there , wait for it to get to 5000 and then what? I've never seen anything done afterwards.

What's ye're opinions on them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Allinall

deadybai wrote: »

I don't really see the point. These people who set it up sit there , wait for it to get to 5000 and then what? I've never seen anything done afterwards.

If this post gets enough thanks, you could set up a poll to gauge people's opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Id like every one to thank the op to raise awareness of what the op has become aware of regarding petitions. We need 20 thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭sjb25

Load of bollocks just like the posts with "don't ignore 1 like to save this women from cancer" type post on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 30,354 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I started a petition this year to end a story line in Fair City(Free Katy), it ended up in on loads of websites, got mentioned in newspapers and magazines and discussed on TV/Radio. Whilst the petition didn't really change the outcome it really did highlight the matter.(It was meant as a bit of fun)

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

Some of them work. They can be used by politicians and policy makers to gauge public opinion on them.

Here's one from last year that stopped NAMA selling 5,000 acres of land to private developers. It got over 20,000 signatures.

http://www.echo.ie/news/article/state-may-step-in-and-purchase-almost-5-000-acres-in-the-glenasmole-valley-from-nama

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/state-to-buy-5-000-acres-in-dublin-mountains-from-nama-1.2735363

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I think we need a petition to stop threads like this. 1 Thank = 1 Signature :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭Resist ZOG

What's up with girls posting animal cruelty pictures on Facebook? I know this stuff is happening, I don't want to see pictures of dogs being tortured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Resist ZOG wrote: »
    What's up with girls posting animal cruelty pictures on Facebook? I know this stuff is happening, I don't want to see pictures of dogs being tortured.

Do what I did. Leave Facebook. You will feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Too many issues these days, many of them are decoys to distract us while the boys on top take away all our freedom and bring us into a big brother new world order 1984 society.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Even funnier, Irish people protesting outside the American embassy when Trump won the election, wtf will that accomplish :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭alberto67

I agree OP, there are too many. Have you considered a petition?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Even funnier, Irish people protesting outside the American embassy when Trump won the election, wtf will that accomplish :D

Just like the protests outside the egyptian embassy in Dublin over Ibrahim

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

death_star_petition.png

Advertisement