Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of replacing submersible pump

Options
  • 16-08-2017 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know the cost of replacing 1hp submersible pump for house/farm? The old pump and fittings are in place just the cost of the pump and replacing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭david65

Just paid out €1150 last week for lifting old pump and replacing, it's worth shopping around. I got one quote of €1600!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

What type of pump and what hp? I thought I was fleeced at 900, the price of the pump I got online is €405 incl VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

What make and hp of Pump is it. It's likely that it can be rebuilt to new again for a lot less than replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

sky6 wrote: »
    What make and hp of Pump is it. It's likely that it can be rebuilt to new again for a lot less than replacement.
    I don't know the make of the old pump, it's 3/4hp the new one is a 1hp Grundfos pump. It's been replaced now, the old one is over 20 years old.

Advertisement